Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unofficial PHEV wifi app
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:13 am 

anko wrote:
DUGSA63 wrote:
Hi wazzad, I like the sound of what you're saying but also struggle to keep up with the tech. Anyway, have you managed to get rid of the super annoying message on start that requires an acknowledgment before the screen will display anything?
What I find most infuriating about the wifi app is that the phone will automatically connect which prevents it from accessing the Internet and the only way to prevent this is to hit forget this network ' in settings. BTW I have an iPhone so may be different to android.
I also agree that the functionality feels like an engineer build rather than the user friendly approach of a developer.
Hope your eventual app will work on iPhone too, anyway good wishes.

Change the ip settings of the remote wifi connection from dhcp to fixed and do not enter router and gateway info, just IP address and subnet. This allows an iPhone to connect to the internet, while connected to the remote network.

This is a great tip, i have just done this and it works a treat thank you.

Just one point how do i get the DHCP setting back if i want them?? ( i didnt make a note of them in my haste to try your solution ) :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:26 am 

PHEVHappy wrote:
anko wrote:
DUGSA63 wrote:
Hi wazzad, I like the sound of what you're saying but also struggle to keep up with the tech. Anyway, have you managed to get rid of the super annoying message on start that requires an acknowledgment before the screen will display anything?
What I find most infuriating about the wifi app is that the phone will automatically connect which prevents it from accessing the Internet and the only way to prevent this is to hit forget this network ' in settings. BTW I have an iPhone so may be different to android.
I also agree that the functionality feels like an engineer build rather than the user friendly approach of a developer.
Hope your eventual app will work on iPhone too, anyway good wishes.

Change the ip settings of the remote wifi connection from dhcp to fixed and do not enter router and gateway info, just IP address and subnet. This allows an iPhone to connect to the internet, while connected to the remote network.

This is a great tip, i have just done this and it works a treat thank you.

Just one point how do i get the DHCP setting back if i want them?? ( i didnt make a note of them in my haste to try your solution ) :roll:

Just select DHCP. The whole idea of DHCP is that you do not need to worry about it :P

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:16 am 

First things first - 3G access! I know your app can't do that, but I want them!

Ok, I would love more stats.. % of ev driving, cost of charging, degradation of battery from new. Total run time of engine... That sort of thing.

Oh, and on iOS...

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:24 am 

Hey!
I'm new at this forum and I'm waiting on my new PHEV to arrive in August.
I really like to read all the posts to learn stuff from you guys!

As many others, I'm looking into if there is any good app to use instead of the crappy one that is included...

It seems like there are a few of you guys that are into this app development!? =)
I've understood that it needs a cellphone in the car with a controlling app installed...like autoapps.no!?
I would like a good looking widget (android) and a IOS app to send input to the controlling app in the car...

I'm no programmer and I don't know anything about it....but is someone working on an app like that!? =)

I did a quick sketch how a widget might look like but I don't know how to attach the image into this post... =)

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:41 pm 

Hey guys.

Are there any new ideas about this? My idea was a Raspberry Pi (as a wifi-bridge) with a Webserver on it, placed im my garage. Because the Outlander should communicate with my Smarthome-System.
Mabye someone had alrady a wifi connection to the car without the official app?

Sorry about my english.

Many greetings from germany

Last edited by Jur on Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:15 pm 

Hi Jur,

I'm thinking since days how to get my Outi integrated into my smarthome.
Will install a Raspberry as a WiFi-WiFi Bridge in my Garage.

Only problem I read, the app will not work from home network, it needs direct connection to the Outi WiFi.

Grüße aus der Landeshauptstadt ;)

2019 Top

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:36 pm 

See, my ideal solution would be replacing the mmcs with an android unit, if you are able to effectively replicate and enhance on that functionality with this app, it would certainly make that a feasible option :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:57 am 

Hi,

It sounds great. One thing I find annoying is forgetting to do things when I leave the car and wanting to do them from the house without having to go back out to the car. The most frequent is folding in the mirrors. I know they are on a button, but also automatically controlled, so it ought to be possible.

Cheers

Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:18 am 

While we wait for an app to be developed an interim solution is the "extra-phone-in-the-car" scenario using Tasker and communicating with it via sms (text messaging).

I believe several people have tried this with success. I have tried it with limited success and posted a request for help under the modifications topic entitled "Remote App access via sms and Tasker (for pre-heating)", but no responses as of yet.

Has anyone reading this had success using an extra mobile phone in the car running Tasker?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:30 pm 

Hi,

Would love to see individual tire pressures from TPMS in the app, if possible.

Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next