Problem with updated remote control app

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisMiller

Mitsubishi have (finally) got an update to fix the (well-publicised) security flaw with this app, and it was installed as part of the annual service. The garage explained I would need to re-register my phone as all the previous settings will have been lost. But I've been having problems.

I've downloaded and installed the new version of the app for my (Android 7.1 Nexus 6) phone (PHEV I) and deleted the old app (PHEV). I've done the 5 pairs of lock/unlock to initiate the Wi-Fi on the car (single beep, which indicates no pre-existing registrations), and my phone can see the Wi-Fi (same name REMOTExxxxxx as before), it can also see there's no Internet available (how?), but refuses to connect. Question, for those who've been through this: Does the new Wi-Fi have a password? Should I need to use the new 14-character password I've been given to connect the Wi-Fi before I start the app? (I've tried to do this, just in case, but it hasn't worked, and I've triple-checked that the garage have given me the correct password.)

I believe the answer to both these questions is 'No', and the password is only needed within the PHEV I app itself, but I'd appreciate any help available! (The garage is very helpful, but they're car engineers not software engineers - and 30 miles away so I can't just pop round.)

Remove the cars wireless network from your phone.
The new app will set up the connection for you, with the 14 digit passcode (you have to enter it).

You should not be connected to the car wifi before starting the app.

The app does not know your cars wifi passcode until you have entered it.

Back