What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to try to wash ours, but work got in the way - hopefully tomorrow lunchtime...

Home now and agree with comments on the winter tyre thread regarding the toyos....not great in the wet is my impression after today.

Hopefully when they wear out the lease company will replace with better rubber

Had a esky (cooler box) on the floor between the driver seat and the rear seat. When i pulled it out, the rear seat pad popped up a bit. When I went to investigate i found that the seat folds down and sits in the footwell. This then allows the rear seats to fold down flat. I had no idea this could be done and thought I would have to forever put up with seats that wouldn't fold down flat. Bonus!

sawman82 said:
Had a esky (cooler box) on the floor between the driver seat and the rear seat. When i pulled it out, the rear seat pad popped up a bit. When I went to investigate i found that the seat folds down and sits in the footwell. This then allows the rear seats to fold down flat. I had no idea this could be done and thought I would have to forever put up with seats that wouldn't fold down flat. Bonus!

You really should read your owner's manual - it tells you all about that in there.

Hi Guys, my name is Chris and I'm a fuelaholic.

I hooked up a boat and drove to Troon and back - 25mpg.-(Sorry!)

maby said:
sawman82 said:

You really should read your owner's manual - it tells you all about that in there.

Owners manual. I did read it all the way through, though must have missed it. I really didn't like the structure of the manual. Very hard to read.

sawman82 said:
maby said:
sawman82 said:

Owners manual. I did read it all the way through, though must have missed it. I really didn't like the structure of the manual. Very hard to read.

To be fair, I thought the manual is very unclear about how the seats fold flat and only found this myself when trying to get them to slide (listed under the specs on-line :cry: ) as in the diesel model I'd seen at the dealers - "the only difference is the small reduction in the luggage area, sir!" :lol:

Well, not strictly speaking today, but over the last week I've taken Phoebe (and the rest of the family) on a trip to Islay for half term. She performed admirably - somewhat to my surprise she swallowed as much luggage as my previous Ford S-max, which is actually quite a bit longer/wider. I was hoping she would do the whole trip (just over 400 miles) on one tankful, and indeed she would have done if either of the charging points on the trip (one at the mainland ferry terminal, one on Islay) had worked properly :x . In the end, I had to refuel on the way back home, but she still averaged 44.5mpg (including the first charge on departure from home, so just under 40mpg on petrol alone). I reckon that's not bad - a mixture of 50-60mph on the main roads (i.e. on the mainland), some 40-50mph roads on Islay and also quite a few miles doing 15-20mph along very minor roads/lanes. So probably not a 'typical' usage, but interesting nonetheless. Consequently my Fuelly average is down from 317mpg to 170mpg overall! :( but still :mrgreen:

First drive out the area today for a day out. About 100 motorway miles returned a pretty reasonable mpg. Really pleased with the handling on the motorway too. Got a long distance run in half term that I'm quite looking forward too now. Planned in a breakfast stop at the services to try a charge master rapid charge on the way today which couldn't have been easier (once you realise you have to lock the handle in the catch mechanism). Achieved the 80% charge in just under half an hour. Currently 2 weeks ownership now and with 300 miles covered have still got 3/4 a tank of petrol left. :D

What have I done with the PHEV today? Nothing. OH 'borrowed' it today and left me with her Golf. I can see a fight coming on for who owns which car. And we all know I'm going to lose this one don't we?! Bah humbug. All this 'I hate automatics' and 'silly Electric gimmick' 'go for it if you want but don't expect me to drive it' seems to have been forgotten!

Secretly I'm pleased because it opens up more options for the future - this car is wonderful at converting many to the start of electric motoring so maybe an i8 or Tesla isn't too far off for me?!

195 miles towing a 500kg trailer with jetski on it and averaged 30mpg at 65/70mph started with a full charge and full tank of fuel .shows remaining range of 68 miles so will plug in and see what I get out of it. Better than the old jeep wrangler at 26 mpg and a pleasure to drive .

BeerHunter said:
Stopped the beeping tailgate from making a noise ever again :D

Kev.

How did you manage that one? I've gone over the settings and I can't find any option to turn the thing off..

tjacobsen said:
BeerHunter said:
Stopped the beeping tailgate from making a noise ever again :D

Kev.

How did you manage that one? I've gone over the settings and I can't find any option to turn the thing off..
There is nothing that can be done via the control systems, it is a 5 min job to disconnect a plug.
See here - http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6654#p6654
I could not stand the beeping - opening the boot in a carpark had anyone passing looking at you like you are a total show-off knob.

Kev.

I did some swift overtaking using the charge button. The car really does have some good acceleration - especially compared with pootling in eco mode just on ev. I'm normally very gentle and hate the ICE starting, but just occasionally one does need to flex that right foot and its great to have a bit of power. Particularly when you are running late to pick kids up from school bus. :oops:
H

Drove it to work, 16miles, totally on EV...

Still only on day 2 of ownership so still playing around with the settings and driving style, (today was ultra frugal but 'drive slowly and get on other road users nerves' day)...

It did use up the equivalent of 20 miles of EV today with stereo and air con on so now know it's possible to get to work totally on EV, tomorrow might be a game of trying to work out what points in the journey to get the best recharge and see if I can get down closer on the EV v true mileage usage...

Ultimately, I'd like to think I could get to work and back comfortably on one charge, (and by that I mean not sitting in silence or freezing cold), that way I can charge up at work and not at home ;)

Still only on day 2 of ownership so still playing around with the settings and driving style, (today was ultra frugal but 'drive slowly and get on other road users nerves' day)...

It did use up the equivalent of 20 miles of EV today with stereo and air con on so now know it's possible to get to work totally on EV, tomorrow might be a game of trying to work out what points in the journey to get the best recharge and see if I can get down closer on the EV v true mileage usage...

Ultimately, I'd like to think I could get to work and back comfortably on one charge, (and by that I mean not sitting in silence or freezing cold), that way I can charge up at work and not at home ;)

I think you will struggle to 'comfortably' get 32 miles on pure EV without charging. If your journey is all flat and low speeds with minimal stopping and acceleration you might just do it, but probably not in winter. But hey, if you need petrol, for the last mile or two it's not the end of the world is it ;)

maddogsetc said:

I think you will struggle to 'comfortably' get 32 miles on pure EV without charging. If your journey is all flat and low speeds with minimal stopping and acceleration you might just do it, but probably not in winter. But hey, if you need petrol, for the last mile or two it's not the end of the world is it ;)

Yeah, I was filling up £80 every fortnight with my old car so if I can stretch that out to filling up every couple of months I'll be a very happy camper.

My plan is to leave the car on charge to full at work and then drive it home, top it up for 30 minutes to give me enough EV to get back to work, and repeat...

Back