What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you using air on because I get about the same range with air on on and about 26 to 28 with the aircon off.

I've been using the heated seats lately and they seem to have significant impact on the actual range. ran out of battery twice today on trips that are normally comfortably within range.

Posty said:
Are you using air on because I get about the same range with air on on and about 26 to 28 with the aircon off.

I've got the climate control on Auto which, I think, will turn the AC on if necessary

Red47 said:
Posty said:

I've got the climate control on Auto which, I think, will turn the AC on if necessary
Hi,
No, having the climate set to auto will not turn the A/C on or off. By default, when you turn the climate on the A/C will automatically turn on and is confirmed with the icicle symbol and you can turn it off manually.
It can have the A/C on at the same time as the heater to dehumidify.
Kind regards,
Mark

First refuel today after 2.5 weeks and 655 miles. Works out at 91mpg on fuel, minus elec used. Will try to work out later what it equates to overall, although it'll be a guess based on a daily charge as I didn't read the pod point meter on delivery.

Quietly satisfied though probably sums it up

david1972 said:
First refuel today after 2.5 weeks and 655 miles. Works out at 91mpg on fuel, minus elec used. Will try to work out later what it equates to overall, although it'll be a guess based on a daily charge as I didn't read the pod point meter on delivery.

Quietly satisfied though probably sums it up

My rough calculations bring it out at about 57mpg when you take into account fuel and leccy costs (I've converted the cost of electric into litres of fuel based on the price at the pump today)

So today I tried my commute with seat heater, air con and climate/heater, lights, windscreen wipers and radio. Yes it was dreadful weather! Pleased there was enough juice to do whole journey (20 miles) even with all the elec gadgets running. Wouldn't have done much more though.
Now have 4 Nissan leafs (leaves??) and I sharing 5 charge points. Going to be interesting if a 6th EV turns up!

Happy with the car. Should have known something was going to go wrong - Got home to find a UK Mail courier at lunchtime had knocked our driveway wall over and also smashed our fence attempting a 3 point turn, got out to pick up smashed fence out of road and drove off! :evil: Thank goodness witness so now into legal claim, counts as a hit n run. Was about to say 'never rains but it pours' but given today's weather think that's a bad analogy! Decided large glass (bottle) of red best way forward tonight!

Sorry to hear that fella. Have you got the law involved too? Make sure you get the book thrown at them.....really boils my **** this sort of thing

david1972 said:
Sorry to hear that fella. Have you got the law involved too? Make sure you get the book thrown at them.....really boils my **** this sort of thing
Yup, police involved, had to go to station in person this evening to report. will take them a week to follow up but witness report enough to make it official.

Wife found a small chip in the paint through to the grey undercoat on the recharging flap when wiping down the car (rather than a full wash). Can't understand how it got there as only opened the flap to recharge in our car port, so not someone banging into to it in public. In fact I've never seen anything quite like it on a car before - paint fault maybe? :cry:

Hi guys

What have I done today? I filled up for the first time today after running the car pretty much empty of fuel. I managed to add 37.5 litres of fuel.

The car came with 1/2 a tank of fuel and has done 353 miles.

On that basis, the half tank it came with equates to 18.75 litres or 4.12 gallons.

So the car has done 353/4.12 = 85.7 mpg ignoring elec costs

If that's the case , I am impressed. Can someone please check the above logic

Cheers
Amsy

Sorry, your logic is flawed. It doesn't matter how much fuel it came with, it's what you've used that matters. So 37.5 litres used = 8.25 gallons.

353 miles / 8.25 gallons = 42.79 mpg plus charging costs.

I've read it differently and agree with the logic. If it came with half a tank of fuel and half a tank of air, it doesn't mean you've used a whole tank of fuel when emptied, you've only used half a tank, the airs still there!

Of course you can get 37 litres in at refuel as the tank is now full of fuel.

Guessing half is tricky though, so I'd urge caution on the accuracy. But the logic seems ok. I am quite prepared to be shot down in flames if I've misinterpreted!

You're quite right of course. I'm confusing the half tank and the air! But he is relying on a guess at how much half a tank actually is. To get a proper figure you need to do a brim to brim test, as we all know. Sorry, grandma, go back to your eggs :oops:

Lol thAnks guys. I know it's hard to be precise with the half tank gifted to me by the dealer but as a ballpark number it's good - I would have been happy with a mpg of 60-70 so ill take that as my minimum. Now the tank is full and i have input the first refuel data into fuelly - so will see how far I can go until I need to fuel up.

On a different note, is anyone else getting obsessed with the MPG? I have put extra jumpers on the kids so I don't need to use the heating and open the windows even if freezing cold to demist windscreen :D

My driving behaviour has changed massively - I feel no desire to speed - and instead often find myself cruising at 20mph in B0 mode!!!

My name is Amsy and I'm a PHEV addict :D

My driving behaviour has changed massively - I feel no desire to speed - and instead often find myself cruising at 20mph in B0 mode!!!
My name is Amsy and I'm a PHEV addict :D

Funnily enough I was going to start a thread entitled "has the PHEV changed the way you drive?"! It certainly has me. I think about all sorts of things now that I didn't before.

Like not having the AC permanently on.

Or turning off the heating when I'm warm.

Or sitting parked with the engine running to keep warm (not sure that's actually possible anyway?).

Or using B0 and coasting as often as possible (which, bizarrely, is now when I'm most likely to be breaking the speed limit - conserving enough momentum on the downhills to make it uphill unpropelled!)

I certainly didn't intend this when buying the car. So that's at least 2 members of PHEV's anonymous...

3rd member of Phev Anonymous signing in..(..my wife despairs..I love the data, adjusting style to eke out max range and yes, avoiding aircon etc to test. ) But I do balance with the occasional 'normal' trip using petrol, lots of toys and the odd stamp on the loud pedal, honest!

When I do stamp on the loud pedal for a harsh blast of speed, I do feel a tinge of regret/shame soon after!

Getting pleasure from driving again and it's been a while since I've done that.

Amsy said:
Hi guys

What have I done today? I filled up for the first time today after running the car pretty much empty of fuel. I managed to add 37.5 litres of fuel.

The car came with 1/2 a tank of fuel and has done 353 miles.

On that basis, the half tank it came with equates to 18.75 litres or 4.12 gallons.

So the car has done 353/4.12 = 85.7 mpg ignoring elec costs

Cheers
Amsy
A full tank is 45 Liters. So you have to correct fot 7.5 remaining.

I'm also in the mpg club. My OH keeps turning on the air con to demist the screen - but if I can see, and I'm driving then that's all that matters! We fight over the heater settings (always off if I get my way). And if he puts his heated seat on HIGH one more time... :evil:

I am developing an allergy to petrol stations.

My average speed must have dropped by 5-10 mph (and I was pretty gentle before) - the car must have aged my driving by about 30 years!

I get really cross when people come up behind when I'm pootling along and also when I have to stop to wait to get round parked cars. Gliding cars should always have priority!
H

Back