What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
david1972 said:
david1972 said:
Today Ive ordered an after market boot liner for half the price of the official one....will let you all know about fit etc.

Not concerned about quality as been happy with many such products before...the fit is the key

Arrived today, fit is spot on. £32.95 delivered, so very happy with that. It's on fleabay, so pm me if you'd like the link to it.

Will take a picture at the weekend to show fit

As promised......

ah ha. i wondered how it would cope with the two side cubby holes! Will pm you, interested in the fleabay link. thanks for sharing pic! After this, hoping someone sources an effective aftermarket LED DRL to avoid the £300 mitsu ones (negotiatable to about £220 I've heard).

Taken delivery today. Blue GX3h. Plugged it in to my newly fitted outside socket (having to use standard 3Pin connection) and about to put some petrol in it (hopefully for the last time in a long time!).

First time in the GX3 and being tall the lack of the sunroof is fantastic. Quite a bit more headroom inside.

So today I finally refilled for the first time since delivery day on 14th July! I was going to hold out until 14th October to make it exactly 3 months but longer journeys coming up so decided safe option to refuel.

Took 31.1 litres / 6.85 gallons [suggesting there was still 9 litres left]

Have done 2,330 miles.

That makes an absurd 340 mpg (and my fuelly dashboard agrees though the signature seems to be importing 283.5 (click on the signature block and it shows 340). I think I went wrong trying to put the delivery fuel tank into fuelly when I signed up in August :( tried to delete and start again but just think I will probably stop fuelly, it seems pointless (as per other threads, pence per mile would be better equivalent but that's hard for me because half my recharges are free at work so the maths involved to get a pence per mile is turning into an algebra equation!)

So, fabulous first 3 months.

Oh, and thanks David, have ordered the boot mat.

Today - taken littl'un swimming, and we practically were swimming on the way - the roads were terribly wet this morning. Was glad of the higher ride and chunky tyres. The auto wipers do a good job of instantly clearing the screen when a lorry comes the other way through a flood and drenches you!
Taken bigger one to ballet. Used a dribble of petrol. Preheating good but very annoying that it turns off when you open the door - getting 2 kids in and luggage it is practically back to ambient temp by the time you actually get to drive away. Still - loving the warming hum when I go out to the car in the morning.
Car needs another wash (to be fair we're on 4200 miles and I've only done it once!).
Thinking about winter tyres again now...
H

HJB I suspect your Fuelly badge is showing US mpg, I had the same problem and eventually found that the badge was in US units even though the main dashboard was set to UK.

Hypermiler, totally agree about the preheat. I guess it might still be useful in really cold weather but I'm losing all the heat by the time we set off too.

maddogsetc said:
HJB I suspect your Fuelly badge is showing US mpg, I had the same problem and eventually found that the badge was in US units even though the main dashboard was set to UK.....
Thanks, spot on!

aitchjaybee said:
So today I finally refilled for the first time since delivery day on 14th July! I was going to hold out until 14th October to make it exactly 3 months but longer journeys coming up so decided safe option to refuel.

Have done 2,330 miles.

That makes an absurd 340 mpg

Well done aitchjaybee that's pretty impressive. I was hoping to make it to 2,000 miles, but short of driving round for a few hours and then plugging in again just for the hell of it, I won't make it! About to go on holiday to Islay, which is 100 miles to the ferry, and then probably no recharging while away (there is one charging point on the island but it's about 20 miles from where we're staying!). So I'm going to play safe and refuel before we go. If the fuel gauge is accurate it should take around 20 litres/4-4.5 gallons, so hoping for an even higher mpg than you (even though I realise this is pretty meaningless!).

avensys said:
aitchjaybee said:
It's actually a 45 litre / 10 gallon tank.
Kind regards,
Mark
Good to know, thanks Mark.

I reckon most PHEV owners are pretty much on-the-job qualified to be NASA analysts by the time we've assimilated and understood all the data on this thing! And anyone who truly masters the MMCS I heard is rumoured to be awarded a PhD in HCI human-computer-interface by MMUK. :lol:

jdsx said:
Well done aitchjaybee that's pretty impressive. I was hoping to make it to 2,000 miles, but short of driving round for a few hours and then plugging in again just for the hell of it, I won't make it! About to go on holiday to Islay, which is 100 miles to the ferry, and then probably no recharging while away (there is one charging point on the island but it's about 20 miles from where we're staying!). So I'm going to play safe and refuel before we go. If the fuel gauge is accurate it should take around 20 litres/4-4.5 gallons, so hoping for an even higher mpg than you (even though I realise this is pretty meaningless!).

Thanks, and happy to come 2nd with 340mpg, we're all winners here!

2 points - when at petrol station, fuel flap release in driver footwell on right, and flap on opposite side to EV charger!! and if you are likely to keep the same fuel in the tank for 3+ months after this fill up you may wish to use premium fuel (see other thread) as it has additives that may help avoid sediment and deposits etc in a low use fuel tank.

aitchjaybee said:

Had the refuel message come up at this time ??

One PHEV I am driving had the refuel message come ON at 32L and another comes on at 35L. Would Prefer the message to come ON at 38L like it says in the manual. Does anyone know if this is a programmable setting somewhere, to correct for tank sensor measurement error ??

aitchjaybee said:
jdsx said:

Thanks, and happy to come 2nd with 340mpg, we're all winners here!

2 points - when at petrol station, fuel flap release in driver footwell on right, and flap on opposite side to EV charger!! and if you are likely to keep the same fuel in the tank for 3+ months after this fill up you may wish to use premium fuel (see other thread) as it has additives that may help avoid sediment and deposits etc in a low use fuel tank.

:lol: I've had the car a week and am considering filling up again this evening!

Picked up PHEV yesterday in the rain, so didn't play with it much, but noticed the front discs have quite deep grooves in them. The nearside has 1 & the offside about 8, the rear are fine and smooth!

Back to the dealer we went, of course no mechanic available, so have to take it back tomorrow for it to be checked.

Took to dealer yesterday for remedial work, got it back today. They have skimmed the discs & fitted new pads. They seemed to think the pads must have been contaminated from new. I only drove it 6 miles before I noticed.

While it was there I had a 'safegard' treatment done, as I'm not the best car cleaner. It looked lovely, but of course now its raining, so by the time I get home tonight it will be filthy again :lol: that's life.

gwatpe said:
aitchjaybee said:

Had the refuel message come up at this time ??

One PHEV I am driving had the refuel message come ON at 32L and another comes on at 35L. Would Prefer the message to come ON at 38L like it says in the manual. Does anyone know if this is a programmable setting somewhere, to correct for tank sensor measurement error ??

no, the refuel message / warnings had not come on at all.

aitchjaybee said:

Thanks for the advice aitchjaybee! Actually I've been a bit disappointed over the last couple of days: in the lower temperatures the ICE has come on quite a lot just for ordinary running :( . In fact yesterday I left for work with 8 miles EV range showing - it's 10 miles roughly but some downhill so this is usually ok - and the ICE ran so much I got to work with 6 miles range still showing. (I can charge [and park] for free at a car park near work.) I did need to have the heater on for most of the way (it was about 3 degrees C when I set off), but I was assuming the heater would run down the battery quicker rather than use ICE. Anyway, as a result I've used some more petrol :eek: so now down to 3/8 tank left. Need to fill up soon :cry:

jdsx said:
Actually I've been a bit disappointed over the last couple of days: in the lower temperatures the ICE has come on quite a lot just for ordinary running:
Hmmm, interesting. This morning it was cold and I was stunned to hear ICE running when I drove off. Full EV charge, no heater, no elec seat heater nor heated windscreen. Just radio and lights. I'll keep an ear open see if it happens again. Don't know when ICE turned off finished 96%EV but journey always 100% EV. I know you had heater on, but recall you also have the 4 with electric heater too. Curious.

Back