What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
david1972 said:
Doesn't do it justice really, but I'm dead busy with work so will have to do for now :oops:

sweet. would have gone for grey except last 3 (and wife's current car) all been grey so needed a change. Looks good. Now all you need to do is sync your smartphone App and work out how the dreadful MMCS functions!

Finally got my Gx3h yesterday - despite best efforts of salesman to bugger up the finance - but at least it is 0% (see earlier posts). No protection pack fitted :x (but not charged for either) but he claimed its had the paintwork protection (also not on invoice and how do you tell anyway?). Only extra charged for is 3 year servicing plan.

Felt rather scary driving it home (no CDW on your own car!). First impression was ride was "jiggly" and steering a bit vague - but I had expected this from what I'd read. The ICE only used twice when I "floored it" and was pleasantly surprised at the lack of obvious lag in it kicking in :D I did find the brakes fierce especially when trying to reverse into my drive, without the use of a clutch.

Even though I haven't got the MMCS it was still fun to watch the car switching between EV drive & Regen going up and down the steep hills around Crystal Palace. Haven't plugged it in yet as it came fully charged but I get cheap rate all weekend on my tariff so don't have to do this overnight.

Big news today though - my reluctant wife (hadn't had the test drive) took it down to Tesco's. She was fine once she stopped trying to use her left hand & foot for "something" (rarely driven pure autos). She's now talking about driving round to "son & heir" to show it off. :eek:

At this rate I might get my lift to the station on Monday morning and can start planning to ditch the Avensis. :)

Glad you've joined me in the delivery stakes greendwarf.

Today we've done a 60 mile round trip to the dogs trust in Darlington, walked and agreed in principle to rehome one of their dogs; a really sweet, placid greyhound. Taking our current dog to meet him tomorrow :D

Oh....computer says we averaged 58mpg with 65% EV...happy with that

Just back from the football, I've now done 1116 miles in 11 days which is alot for me, going to certainly whack some mileage on this car over three years.

Averaged 34mpg with one full charge and then about 350 miles of driving and at the moment it is running more pence per mile than my Civic but of the 1116 miles only about 250 have been electric and of course petrol is less efficiant as Diesel.

Hopefully got a few weeks where I can bump up the electric

Well, just back from a trip to Tesco's to get week's shop & top up with 20l's of 'momentum', the last I'll need for a few months.
I decided to go for the best as it's hopefully going to be in there a while!

Hubby decided he was going to drive home, so he jumped in the passenger seat while I was paying. He then cocked up as he doesn't listen & couldn't make it go. :lol:

I thought I'f have to shove him out and take over, but after turning it all off & starting again, this time he listened, we were under way, with 3 cars waiting patiently behind! :shock:

I bet if it had been me driving someone would have pipped! :roll:

Hi,

Made a trip to New Mills (in the High Peak) Festival of Light last night. A 30 miles each way jouney and trip computer showed 76mpg. This equates to about 30 miles EV and about 38mpg for the remainder (not motorway).

The day before on a pure EV local journey I put my foot down too much at a roundabout causing the engine to fire briefly. When I put the car away I checked the trip computer (using the trick to get it to display greater than 99.9mpg by swapping to metric and back) and saw 1,430.5 mpg displayed.Quite amazed it goes above 999mpg.

Kind regards,
Mark

The day before on a pure EV local journey I put my foot down too much at a roundabout causing the engine to fire briefly. When I put the car away I checked the trip computer (using the trick to get it to display greater than 99.9mpg by swapping to metric and back) and saw 1,430.5 mpg displayed.Quite amazed it goes above 999mpg.
Maybe I have a slightly earlier version of MMCS or something - the trick doesn't work with mine :(

maddogsetc said:
Maybe I have a slightly earlier version of MMCS or something - the trick doesn't work with mine :(
Hi,
Mine was a fairly early car, purchased on 1st July. The dealer also replicated the problem on his car and Mitsubishi UK have accepted this as a problem too. What hapens to the display on your's when you try the fix? What happens if you leave l/100k selected?
Kind regards,
Mark

Today Ive ordered an after market boot liner for half the price of the official one....will let you all know about fit etc.

Not concerned about quality as been happy with many such products before...the fit is the key

Unexpectedly invited to dinner with son & heir and his new wife (not that he had an "old" one :lol: ) - so thought I'd show off the new car. Unfortunately neither of them are "petrol heads" never mind "electric heads" - so not very impressed :cry:

On the journey, I decided to play with the B3 & B5 settings from the joystick together with the steering wheel paddles but I'm still not sure how to use them in Sarf London. Others have suggested just using the Regen braking instead of the footbrake (despite the "no brake lights" issue) and indeed I found flicking the joystick slowed the car from Drive for cornering etc. but over slowed it when going downhill - so needing extra right foot to compensate. First problem is you can't cancel the B setting only reduce it to B0, which means you can coast but get no Regen, unlike in normal drive. Is there a B setting which matches normal drive? Or are the B settings really only for using on long descents (like using "low gear") to avoid brake fade? In which case, then in town, normal Drive using accelerator & brake, as in any other car?

Also this was its first outing in the dark - I was surprised how much charge the lights use.

greendwarf said:
. Is there a B setting which matches normal drive? Or are the B settings really only for using on long descents (like using "low gear") to avoid brake fade? In which case, then in town, normal Drive using accelerator & brake, as in any other car?

Also this was its first outing in the dark - I was surprised how much charge the lights use.

B2 is the same value regen as D.

If you gently brake, you will notice the car is clever enough to apply regen anyway so you may find D is all you need. I enjoy 'paddling' but it doesn't gain an enormous amount more than D and careful driving would anyway!

aitchjaybee said:
greendwarf said:
. Is there a B setting which matches normal drive? Or are the B settings really only for using on long descents (like using "low gear") to avoid brake fade? In which case, then in town, normal Drive using accelerator & brake, as in any other car?

B2 is the same value regen as D.

If you gently brake, you will notice the car is clever enough to apply regen anyway so you may find D is all you need. I enjoy 'paddling' but it doesn't gain an enormous amount more than D and careful driving would anyway!

Thanks - so the paddles are to enable gliding (B0) when cruising on the motorway and then to get back to D (B2) or if you've used the higher settings on long descents, as above - that makes sense, using them like gears. I know I ought to get out more (and actually use the car ;) )

Not sure I quite follow you - the paddles go up and down one level using left or right and if you hold the right one it goes to D, so it is perfectly controllable. Sounds like you are holding one of them only to go to D rather than using one step at a time?
Cheers
H

Well, went to lunch, then on to 1st. charge on a rapid for 25mins at Cambridge services.

After a bit of fiddling around managed to get it to connect, trouble was it was a bit glarey, so screen quite difficult to read for a first timer! :roll:

Had 1 comment from a passer by, saying it was the first time he'd seen the points being used, went into services to draw some cash, (but they charge for that so didn't bother), had a coffee instead & watched the people walking by staring at it charging, mostly men I have to say.

At least we now know how to use a CHAdeMO.

1st_charge_a14_services.jpg

Hypermiler said:
Not sure I quite follow you - the paddles go up and down one level using left or right and if you hold the right one it goes to D, so it is perfectly controllable. Sounds like you are holding one of them only to go to D rather than using one step at a time?
Cheers
H

Probably not expressed myself properly but I didn't realise I can hold the right one to get back to D - have to try it.

Meanwhile, major progress today - wife gave me a lift to station then took it by herself for the first time, to Sainsbury's and back home again without problem. However, as mentioned before, she can't reverse, :roll: so after many back and forths trying to get it straight in carport she gave up when the car started talking, asking her if she needed help! :eek: Rather a surprise as we don't have the MMCS (Gx3h) Anybody else come across this?

Also on the way to the station the ICE ran most of the time - I assume because it was cold (the engine not the weather 17c)

greendwarf said:
Also on the way to the station the ICE ran most of the time - I assume because it was cold (the engine not the weather 17c)
Hi,
It shouldn't start just because the engine is cold, that's the point of EV (unless very cold). You probably had the climate control set to something over 17C so the engine ran to provide the heat to warm the car.
Kind regards,
Mark

avensys said:
greendwarf said:
Hi,
It shouldn't start just because the engine is cold, that's the point of EV (unless very cold). You probably had the climate control set to something over 17C so the engine ran to provide the heat to warm the car.
Kind regards,
Mark

Thanks Mark - that'll upset the wife, she doesn't like heaters and drives with the window open in mid-winter at 70 mph :evil: I hope she doesn't work out how to turn the climate control off or I'll freeze to death :D

david1972 said:
Today Ive ordered an after market boot liner for half the price of the official one....will let you all know about fit etc.

Not concerned about quality as been happy with many such products before...the fit is the key

Arrived today, fit is spot on. £32.95 delivered, so very happy with that. It's on fleabay, so pm me if you'd like the link to it.

Will take a picture at the weekend to show fit

Back