What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
david1972 said:
Congrats!

Pics to follow I hope ;)

Hope this works...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152318269527341&set=pcb.10152318271037341&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152318270797341&set=pcb.10152318271037341&type=1&theater

dmd said:
david1972 said:
Congrats!

Pics to follow I hope ;)

Hope this works...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152318269527341&set=pcb.10152318271037341&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152318270797341&set=pcb.10152318271037341&type=1&theater

Not for me, I'm afraid, although I'm on my phone so may work on laptops

so today i was naughty...in much more of a rush so didnt engage the eco button, did the whole 20 mile commute on normal Glad to see the phev can sprint when asked. Arrived at work with a good grin but a bit less relaxed than normal! Oh, and only 4 mile range remaining instead of normal 10 - 12 :shock:

That is surely more due to the sprints ;) In my experience, if you do not change your driving style, and keep the airco/heating switched off (in both modes) normal is slightly more economical than eco.
I had the Stinger repaired yesterday. Not that it mattered much, In the last few months without it I had as many tickets as driving with the thing working - zero, in that respect it is not much of an effective investment. But its presence keeps one alert.

david1972 said:
What's a stinger jaapv? Some kind of speed trap detector I'm guessing?
Well, a bit more than that.
Firstly, over here (as opposed to the UK I believe) the speed trap detecting is illegal, so it uses military stealth technology to be undetectable itself.

I first bought it because I was unable to see the speedometer in my last car accurately without reading glasses, so I was getting series of 3 kph tickets for driving with the traffic flow...:( and I got totally fed up. On the PHEV with its more clear dial and speed limiter this is not a real problem any more.

It has a spotlist of fixed speedtraps. (legal, but not in Germany)
It warns of active speedtraps (not legal in many countries, but the software can be disabled)
It monitors average speed in long-stretch speed traps, (what does one call these things in English?)(semi-legal)
It has a laser shield, blocking a laser gun for ten seconds (legal)
It monitors wireless warnings of roadworks, ambulances, accidents etc.(legal)
It analyses police radar enabling you to contest a ticket if the radar has not been set up properly.(legal)
It keeps a trip record.(legal)
Some models display GPS generated real speed.

So even if I do not really need the speedtrap warning bit, the other features have grown on me, despite it not being cheap.

jaapv said:
It monitors average speed in long-stretch speed traps, (what does one call these things in English?)

They are called SPECS cameras. Used as cash cows on motorway roadworks. Others are the fixed Gatsos and Truvelos, and the mobile laser cameras in vans or hand held. Sometimes the ANPR cameras in vans are mistaken for speed enforcement teams but are really looking for criminals as well as uninsured, untaxed etc.

That is a pretty solid defence you have. Presumably it deploys flares to ward off heat seeking missiles too. ;)

Today I washed the car! Shock horror - after 3700 miles! Anyone got any good tips for getting bug blood off the front? I suppose I should have sorted it before it indelibly tattooed itself to the plastic. Anyway, the car is looking almost like new, give or take a few hundred sets of bug guts. Whilst washing it (this was just after lunchtime) a large owl extricated itself from somewhere in our stables/garage and flew past me just a few metres away and off into the trees - not sure where it came from exactly but sounded like it had to get itself out of a tight space...

Loving the wheels - they seemed to wash really easily. I don't think I've ever had wheels where you can reach right through - gives a big area to clean but look lovely when they're shining. And now I know what the roof rails are for - clinging to whilst doing the acrobatics required to reach the roof for washing!

Found today my dear OH has finally got the hang of turning the key to switch the charge point off, just at the same time as I come to thinking that doing that is a waste of time. So when I came to do a regular 15 mile round trip this evening I found I had 16 mile range. That's one way to make me get 5 leaves!! Had 2 miles left when I got back ;)

Happy motoring to all those getting their cars in the next week or two - seems to be a lot of you!
H

3700....oh the shame of it :p

There are products you can buy to remove bugs and tar etc, but I always find a lengthy soak with water or better still soapy water, repeated if needed normally does the job.

There's always snow foam, but that's another conversation for another day.

Little tip for washing the roof....get yourself on Gumtree and look for a cast iron caravan step.....best £5 I ever spent!

Another day passes.....still no phone call

In London with work all day tomorrow, so call or no call makes no difference really....it'll be another PHEV-less day chalked up :roll:

Took it on its first proper journey, just over 400 miles and loved it! Put the charger in for the first time and then thought...how long will it take for some git to nick the cable.

Not just today but since I have had it we have done 400mile around north Wales and 450miles visiting the D-Day beaches and museums in Normandy.

I8Binners said:
Took it on its first proper journey, just over 400 miles and loved it! Put the charger in for the first time and then thought...how long will it take for some git to nick the cable.

Isn't there provision to fit a small padlock that stops it being unplugged? A lot of charging cables do.

maby said:
I8Binners said:

Isn't there provision to fit a small padlock that stops it being unplugged? A lot of charging cables do.
oh, I don't know. I'll have to have a look

maby said:

yes there is, just by the release clip on the handle. Another option if you dont have a little padlock to hand (or cable tie)include putting a wheel on the cable. Its £300 to replace the supplied charger.

aitchjaybee said:
maby said:

yes there is, just by the release clip on the handle. Another option if you dont have a little padlock to hand (or cable tie)include putting a wheel on the cable. Its £300 to replace the supplied charger.

Good shout that, although not sure how well it'll stand up to 2 tonnes of phev on it over time :lol:

Today I've missed a call from the dealer while out on the school run....hopefully have some more concrete news once they return my returned call haha :mrgreen:

Back