What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange day yesterday. Did a 3.5 mile journey where the re-gen refused to work whatsoever, even when shifting between the modes. When I used the car again it was working fine.

Then in the afternoon I hooked up the trailer for the first time but the lights wouldn't work. Spent around 2 1/2 hours at Gatwick Mitsubishi with them trying to sort it out. Turns out the towing hook on the back of the car had a 'bad earth', seems that whoever installed it at the ports had not checked it properly.

jaapv said:
Full battery?

Not quite, but it had been off of charge from the previous evening. Perhaps the car thought the battery was full, either way it was strange as it's the first time I've experienced the re-gen not working.

Another thing to add today, gave it a good hoover and clean inside (the outside will get sorted tomorrow!) and applied for the Ecotricity swipe card. :)

Washed the car today, got to say I'm really concerned that the charge port is not waterproof. I used a considerable amount of duct tape to seal up the ports because every morning I've gone out to the car after we've had rain overnight it's been flooded with water, so I wasn't going to take a chance with the pressure washer!!

glad you have a date David1972 - Hang in there!

so today was "Dad's taxi" day. Starts just before 7am when the roads were nice and empty and 5 green leaves duly arrived :mrgreen: Out of habit I always reset trip A after a full charge. Today's 30 miles (6 legs of about 5 miles) on the initial charge with 3miles indicated remaining - was really tempted to keep going to see what total EV range would have been but was time for lunch. Not sure OH would have seen my side of the argument if I'd kept going!

3hr15m recharge @16A and last job of day off to garden centre - using large boot to full effect. A good day.

Hoping for loads of rain/hail/snow/lightning/tornadoes tomorrow otherwise its a major garden jobs day (groan!)

phevmike said:
Washed the car today, got to say I'm really concerned that the charge port is not waterproof. I used a considerable amount of duct tape to seal up the ports because every morning I've gone out to the car after we've had rain overnight it's been flooded with water, so I wasn't going to take a chance with the pressure washer!!

It is supposed to have a drain to let rain water out - could yours be blocked?

Took delivery of my PHEV Gx4hs today. Close to 460 miles round trip - going to the dealer in my old car and coming back in a spanking new Outlander PHEV. Never used automatic transmission or cruise control and other such thingamajig before. But absolutely loving the vehicle especially the really clever ACC. Looking forward to dealing with the other stuff the vehicle has to offer.

Wow praveenshere, that's a great 1st day! Welcome to the phev world! And good for you snowball. I've spent some time in Stavanger and think the phev would be ace there - especially the preheat!

Picked my blue 4h on Friday. Drove it home after picking the dogs up from where they were staying, so christened the boot with soggy footprints.

Got home and plugged in to the polar point, and something inside it went pop. So using 10a charger that came with the car now. Confirmed that Peak District driving is going to mean reduced electric only range, having got to out destination from full charge last night which is only 4 miles away and the range being on 14! Still, all down hill home when I pick it up, so it will probably go up before its on the driveway again!

So smooth, and easy to drive.

maby said:
phevmike said:

It is supposed to have a drain to let rain water out - could yours be blocked?

I've had a look for that and there isn't anything obvious inside the charge port housing that looks like a drain. I just know that every time there is rain, and I open the flap, quite a lot of water comes out. I have opened the Type 1 flap and found specks of water inside that before as well.

Humm, well not too happy today.

Picked up PHEV yesterday in the rain, so didn't play with it much, but noticed the front discs have quite deep grooves in them. The nearside has 1 & the offside about 8, the rear are fine and smooth!

Back to the dealer we went, of course no mechanic available, so have to take it back tomorrow for it to be checked.

Not a very good start.

At least charging for free, from the PV panels in the sun. Only on the 'brick' though, not enough sun for the 16A cable, squeak :lol:

Drove to work for the first time in the PHEV on a Sunday. We have a rota and I work around 1 weekend in 8, then take the days off in lieu the following week.

The motorway was quiet. About half my 25 mile journey is motorway. Two thirds of the motorway section is 50mph in the roadworks, which I stuck to on cruise. The remainder I was able to cruise at 70mph, which is never possible during the working week (M1 between Wakefield & Leeds - more like 17mph normally!).

The outside temperature was also one of the lowest so far, because the sky was clear overnight and we are now in late September, around 8C. I have been warned to expect the batteries to be less efficient at lower temps.

As a result of the above 2 effects, for the first time ever, I did not complete the journey on battery power, even though I benefit from a total of 800 feet drop in altitude over the distance. I wonder how I will get on driving home. I never complete that journey on battery because of the 800 feet of climbing.

Well, the PHEV is only tangentially involved here but it did ferry my son to Rugby today and Football yesterday and as he scored two goals, one try and was awarded man of the match in Rugby I'm happy to give it a little of the credit :cool:

A pretty good weekend for dad's taxi service all told :D

Back