What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maddogsetc said:
Well, the PHEV is only tangentially involved here but it did ferry my son to Rugby today and Football yesterday and as he scored two goals, one try and was awarded man of the match in Rugby I'm happy to give it a little of the credit :cool:

A pretty good weekend for dad's taxi service all told :D

Congrats to the laddo :mrgreen:

Well, I went down to the dealers to sign the paperwork and watched a polar white Gx3h being driven away on trade plates - mine?

Signed the papers but think it's probably for a life-time supply of corned beef and an admission I am Adolf Hitler's love child rather for the car :D

Watched the very boring compulsory finance video and was promised I can have the car Friday lunchtime - watch this space :cool:

Later back at work I realised the finance plan is NOT 0% deal but 13.1% HP - so rang dealer to complain. He tried to fob me off that it wasn't but I'm a better accountant than Tesco's, so he's promised to sort it out by Friday. Also noticed car price is show as £27,649 inc. VAT rather than the quoted list price of £28,249 that I'm paying :?

Rang LV insurance to get car changed on existing policy with 10 months still to run. An extra £82 doesn't seem too bad for a brand new car against my 16 year old Avensis. :)

Now all I need is - to clear the junk from the carport (to get at external power socket), get rid of the old car, order a charging point, apply for Congestion Charge waiver, change electricity supplier, teach/convince wife to drive car (so I can get rid of Avensis ;) ) - anything else? Oh yes, pick up the car.

I feel I'm almost there - perhaps I ought to start thinking about the 2 foreign criminals I'm supposed to be deporting tomorrow (later today now) :twisted:

I took delivery of my shiny new Gx4 last night and took it round to show off to my father-in-law, who used to be a mechanic at Co-op Dairies.
He said it was like a milk float.
Deflated!!

Red47 said:
I took delivery of my shiny new Gx4 last night and took it round to show off to my father-in-law, who used to be a mechanic at Co-op Dairies.
Deflated!!

Glad it's not just me then! From the day I first had a demo PHEV to try, my work colleagues nick-named me "Ernie" (who drove the fastest milk-cart in the West!)!

Red47 said:
Deflated!!
The perils of showing off!

But what does he know.!!!!

It looks nothing like a milk float either as well!

They're just taking the piss because its electric!

The "efficiency" of my dealer (see earlier post) continues - having Tuesday arranged with my current insurer to swop my Avensis for the PHEV, with no change in cover for £82, I have just received notification of the "free" 7 day cover arranged by my dealer.

Although we did discuss this when I took the test drive, there has been no further mention by either of us. At first glance this looks attractive, as it would give me time to dispose of the Avensis (presumably I could put the change over date back) but at closer inspection I see that I would be carrying a £500 excess, even for windscreen and NO personal injury cover, only for the car & 3rd party. I'm also not impressed by a insurer underwritten in Gibraltar. I think I'll stick with the arrangements I've already made - gives me full cover for both cars up to midnight - and, if necessary, take out a new policy for the Avensis as 3rd party only. I might even keep it as a second car as it's MOT'd till next July and is worth only scrap value!

Anybody else has similar thoughts when collecting their car?

Back