What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greendwarf said:
maby said:
I hope you are going to do some serious mileage at the weekend - it's a rather expensive car to buy to do 1000 miles per year - which would seem to be where you are heading at that rate!

You're right, of course, but then it is arguable that I don't need a car at all living in London - even without the "free" travel pass. Much cheaper to hire a car for the odd long journey. However, after 50 years of driving it's a drug I can't give up and I can afford it - no point in leaving the money to the offspring :lol:

How do you recharge? Not many properties in central London with private off-road parking that will support a charge point...

Took it for a spin up the Motor Way (M1) to the Meadowhall centre for a bit of shopping and made use of the charging bays.

maby said:
greendwarf said:
maby said:
I hope you are going to do some serious mileage at the weekend - it's a rather expensive car to buy to do 1000 miles per year - which would seem to be where you are heading at that rate!

You're right, of course, but then it is arguable that I don't need a car at all living in London - even without the "free" travel pass. Much cheaper to hire a car for the odd long journey. However, after 50 years of driving it's a drug I can't give up and I can afford it - no point in leaving the money to the offspring :lol:

How do you recharge? Not many properties in central London with private off-road parking that will support a charge point...

We're actually in Clapham but one of the reasons we bought the house almost 30 years ago was the double carport, in which I had the meter cupboard installed when building a utility room at the back several years ago. As it also contains the centralised vacuum cleaning system (wonderful) and so has a 3 pin socket I use for recharging - so haven't bothered with the special point yet :)

Well after almost six months since ordering the PHEV, today is the day my BMW lease expires and the PHEV is due to be delivered to my office on the back of trailer. It's coming from Cheltenham to Wrexham, so I expect it late morning. Fingers crossed all goes to plan!

My GX3h arrives today too after a torturous wait. Original delivery date was estimated to be 29 September.

It's coming from a dealer in Stoke on Trent all the way to Hertfordshire on the back of a trailer.

Can't wait

Chrispyduck said:
My GX3h arrives today too after a torturous wait. Original delivery date was estimated to be 29 September.

It's coming from a dealer in Stoke on Trent all the way to Hertfordshire on the back of a trailer.

Can't wait

Know how you feel, those Black Amethyst GX3h are in short supply, mines not due till the end of the month, placed my order at the end of August, so should have had it by now, but noticed on some paperwork that the salesperson didn't process the order till the 3rd October :evil:

DrSlackBladder said:
My GX4Hs has finally arrived. Haven't had a chance yet to drive it, but it is warning low tyre pressure on the dash!

Have checked for TPMS in the service manual and it is not mentioned. Opted for Ebay $120 unit that gives actual psi of each tyre.

The TP warning disappeared after driving just a couple of miles or so. I guess it was something to do with the fact that the car had been sat in storage since July (I believe the TPMS monitors wheel imbalance rather than actual pressure). All seems good and as expected so far. Early thoughts confirm that the front parking sensors are next to useless. On the plus side, I plugged in a 32GB ScanDisk USB stick loaded with about 30 albums, and all works well.....even continues playing where it left off after being shut down. Enjoyed my first few electric miles listening to Gary Moore (RIP). Will start tackling the monstrous user manual later! :D

If you skip the NOTES and Warnings in the user manual then there is not that much to read although some of it is still a struggle to understand

CJ

First 24 hrs of ownership.....very pleased so far. The PHEV really suits the Atlantic Grey; several colleagues commenting preferring the grey to the other colours. Decided not to bother with a cover to cover read of the owners manual for both car and MMCS, it's a difficult read! Think I've learnt a lot about the car reading every post on this forum since August. Managed to work out most things while playing last night for an hour or so. Got the charging timers set, got it to heat up 15 minutes before getting in this morning, USB music working well, set the sat nav to my personal preferences (how many different types of restaurant POI's!!!?!?). And adaptive cruise control is wonderful :D

DrSlackBladder said:
First 24 hrs of ownership.....very pleased so far. The PHEV really suits the Atlantic Grey; several colleagues commenting preferring the grey to the other colours. Decided not to bother with a cover to cover read of the owners manual for both car and MMCS, it's a difficult read! Think I've learnt a lot about the car reading every post on this forum since August. Managed to work out most things while playing last night for an hour or so. Got the charging timers set, got it to heat up 15 minutes before getting in this morning, USB music working well, set the sat nav to my personal preferences (how many different types of restaurant POI's!!!?!?). And adaptive cruise control is wonderful :D

If you are using the charging timer and timed pre-heat, be aware of the software bug that someone uncovered here a month or so ago - even with the car plugged up, the pre-heat can be drawn from your battery rather than from the mains.

Yes, thanks Maby, I do remember reading that. Fortunately I'm one of those who won't be paying too much attention to every last mile of electric range, regen braking, super-economy driving; whether I use petrol or electricity my fuel costs are reimbursed by my company. It was of course the low BIK and the fact that it's a practical, large, AWD, SUV that attracted me to the car. So I intend to enjoy the quiet relaxing drive (coming from a BMW 520 my driving style will certainly calm down!), sit in warm comfort listening to my tunes, and not worry too much about mpg or whether I'm using mains or battery to pre-heat. Already looking forward to my drive home this evening :lol:

Getting colder up north now so it was time to fit winter tyres on the PHEV.
The ICE is starting more often now because of the cold.
Petrol consumtion for the last, nearly 6 weeks, is 0,23L/100km. Not bad considering one trip of 230km to Oslo and a few trips towing my trailer full of garden waste.Preheating is important when temperature is lower than 10-12dgC.

Snowball said:
Getting colder up north now so it was time to fit winter tyres on the PHEV.
The ICE is starting more often now because of the cold.
Petrol consumtion for the last, nearly 6 weeks, is 0,23L/100km. Not bad considering one trip of 230km to Oslo and a few trips towing my trailer full of garden waste.Preheating is important when temperature is lower than 10-12dgC.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, that is over 1000mpg - so I must assume that there was a lot of short trips on pure electric in addition to that 230km.

;) Too good to be true maby, typo, the true figures are 0,23/10km . Thanks for pointing this out.
But you are correct, most days the ICE dont start at all. The battery range is enough for our daily use.

Hi

Excellent LED sidelights

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131166977628?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

£5.29 including postage 5 mins to fit.

http://postimg.org/image/6lxmtjo39/

http://postimg.org/image/eq5qyaaid/

Cheers

Chris

Yesterday (after 2 weeks waiting) the rubber inserts for the car arrived all the way from Hong Kong
it's a kit which includes rubber pads for all the cup holders, door pockets and so on, they fit really nicely (but I would prefer a clean black rubber with out the Oultander logo everywhere) and finally all the loos stuff lying around in the car isn't flying around in every corner.
a very nice and cheap upgrade (in my opinion at least ;) )
ebay link to the supplier below :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luminous-Non-Slip-Interior-Door-Mat-Cup-Pads-for-Mitsubishi-Outlander-2013-2014-/271575329430?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f3b26aa96&vxp=mtr

Lyra252 said:
Hi

Excellent LED sidelights

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131166977628?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

£5.29 including postage 5 mins to fit.

http://postimg.org/image/6lxmtjo39/

http://postimg.org/image/eq5qyaaid/

Cheers

Chris

thanks for the tip Chris, I got these a week back but didnt want to fit in the dark so today was first chance - fitted these sidelights this afternoon - what a huge improvement for 5 minutes work / £5! :D

Went to Ikea Croydon today, charged the car up with the ecotricity charger all good (although it was a bit of a faff as it was the first time I've used it). It was absolutely packed but to have a parking space all waiting for me right near the entrance was very cool. :lol:

However it obviously annoyed someone as when I came back to the car some selfish, jealous t**t had deliberately rammed his trolley into my car (the trolley was leaning against the car when I got back to it) leaving a two inch scratch in the nearside rear side panel. :evil:

Back