What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phevmike said:
Went to Ikea Croydon today, charged the car up with the ecotricity charger all good (although it was a bit of a faff as it was the first time I've used it). It was absolutely packed but to have a parking space all waiting for me right near the entrance was very cool. :lol:

However it obviously annoyed someone as when I came back to the car some selfish, jealous t**t had deliberately rammed his trolley into my car (the trolley was leaning against the car when I got back to it) leaving a two inch scratch in the nearside rear side panel. :evil:
sorry to hear that Mike. Two products talked most about at work for car park scuffs are "Meguiars scratch x 2.0" (looks like a black version of a squeezy ketchup bottle) and the "autoglym Paint Renovator". Both get good comments from colleagues at work who have used them to rub out some fairly deep scratches and scuffs. Both easy to get online but if you want in a rush, halfords generally have both. Hope the scratch comes out buddy.
H

I've just ordered the led side light bulbs and the non slip mats. I reckon the mats will make it easier to keep the door pockets cleaner.

Sorry to hear of the Ikea incident. I would like to think it was accidental, surely no one would do that deliberately.

tjacobsen said:
Yesterday (after 2 weeks waiting) the rubber inserts for the car arrived all the way from Hong Kong
it's a kit which includes rubber pads for all the cup holders, door pockets and so on, they fit really nicely (but I would prefer a clean black rubber with out the Oultander logo everywhere) and finally all the loos stuff lying around in the car isn't flying around in every corner.
a very nice and cheap upgrade (in my opinion at least ;) )
ebay link to the supplier below :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luminous-Non-Slip-Interior-Door-Mat-Cup-Pads-for-Mitsubishi-Outlander-2013-2014-/271575329430?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f3b26aa96&vxp=mtr

As per my last post, I have ordered this kit too.

Just had a thought re the logos. Is it possible to put some of them in upside down? Some are presumably symmetrical, others may be able to be swapped right and left??

sorry to hear that Mike. Two products talked most about at work for car park scuffs are "Meguiars scratch x 2.0" (looks like a black version of a squeezy ketchup bottle) and the "autoglym Paint Renovator". Both get good comments from colleagues at work who have used them to rub out some fairly deep scratches and scuffs. Both easy to get online but if you want in a rush, halfords generally have both. Hope the scratch comes out buddy.
H[/quote]

Thanks for that :D

Not entirely related to the car but our Rolec home charger got repaired today. I complained on here that it was intermittent at the beginning of October, eventually Rolec agreed to send someone out, after initially denying to pursue the matter further. But credit where credit is due one of their technicians arrived this morning, discovered that the MCB was faulty, replaced it and the unit is now working.

Have just returned from a week away. managed to put just over 4000km on the PHEV. No cords for recharging in the week away. Some interesting observations. Car returned between 7 & 10 L/100km for driving on open flat highway and mountainous highways with some city and motorway driving. Heat did affect economy, with better economy with cooler weather. No temperature below 7C, and up to 35C giving worse economy. Best economy was 15-20C. On one day, PHEV worked out 90kWh of regen and usage, driving in the mountains. PHEV lost 2 days of driving records. Data was showing for the short term but did not make it to the long term history. Tested out the 4WD on a sand dune. With standard tyre pressures, managed to drive to the top of the 30m high dune, turned around and drove back down. Will need some more time to explore the 4WD some more. ACC seems to work better with a fuller battery. With a depleted battery, ACC makes for an uncomfortable drive on a B grade road, as the automatic systems try and keep the speed with all of the variables coming in from the wheels being affected by the bumps and undulations in the road surface. At least the ACC and regen can be turned OFF.

There is no TPMS on AUS shipped cars. Lucky I had tyre pressure gauges on each wheel that picked up a puncture in a rear wheel. Pump only helped a little. Will be investing in a spare tyre for any future trips away.

I would be interested to understand better your driving profile. Your fuel consumption translates to between 28 and 40mpg (Imperial) - which is not bad overall. Under what circumstances did you get the 28 (10l/100)?

Hi maby,

10L/100km was mixed driving, with stop/start traffic approx 60kph, extending to 100kph motorway, and then 110kph motorway. This was about 4 hours of driving, and about 300m increased elevation over the distance, with driver and passenger, with about 80kg of luggage, with no roof racks.

The use of the battery equates to approx 1L/100 per 100km for approx 25% of the battery at 100kph. So for a 400km drive, a full battery would equate to say about 4L of petrol saved.

gwatpe said:
Hi maby,

10L/100km was mixed driving, with stop/start traffic approx 60kph, extending to 100kph motorway, and then 110kph motorway. This was about 4 hours of driving, and about 300m increased elevation over the distance, with driver and passenger, with about 80kg of luggage, with no roof racks.

The use of the battery equates to approx 1L/100 per 100km for approx 25% of the battery at 100kph. So for a 400km drive, a full battery would equate to say about 4L of petrol saved.

I'm surprised that you are not seeing better than that - in a comparable pattern of use, I'm seeing close to 40mpg over a period of approaching 2 hours - and in quite cold conditions. I guess that I'm not doing such a climb and am a little more lightly loaded. This probably goes to reinforce my previous experience that a hybrid is more impacted by driving conditions and loading than a conventional car - they run more efficiently with less spare power disappearing out of the exhaust pipe - and hence any increase in load translates to a significant increase in fuel consumption.

Hi maby,

My present PHEV, has some issues and the latest drive has highlighted the deficiencies. I had better economy from another PHEV as well in similar drives. Hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky, with the PHEV I get to keep.

On the what have you done today - well, I cleaned out the 520 in preparation to be sold for a PHEV4H ;0)

Its arriving some time Friday on the back of a delivery lorry - and reading some of the posts here I'm going to be head deep in the ussrs manual.

the first drive will be the school run, the second a curry run with a lads night out.

Had some new carpets fitted this week, so had a big pile of old carpet/underlay to take to the tip. Didn't think it would all fit in in one trip, but the boot is bigger than I thought!
IMG_0413.jpg

(Apologies if link doesn't work - you may need to right click and 'open in new tab'! - if you're that interested!)

Well, after 5 months I decided it was time to open the bonnet! Filled the washers - the bottle was about half full. I did notice that the white bottle labelled coolant was only about 1.5 cm above what looked like the "low" mark rather than being midway between full and low. Not sure if that is normal...
H

tjacobsen said:
Yesterday (after 2 weeks waiting) the rubber inserts for the car arrived all the way from Hong Kong
it's a kit which includes rubber pads for all the cup holders, door pockets and so on, they fit really nicely (but I would prefer a clean black rubber with out the Oultander logo everywhere) and finally all the loos stuff lying around in the car isn't flying around in every corner.
a very nice and cheap upgrade (in my opinion at least ;) )
ebay link to the supplier below :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luminous-Non-Slip-Interior-Door-Mat-Cup-Pads-for-Mitsubishi-Outlander-2013-2014-/271575329430?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f3b26aa96&vxp=mtr

I had also ordered these, and put them in the car yesterday. They fit really well, and even include the cup holders in the boot. Not that they are very useful without the seven seats!! It's a shame they don't include ones for the storage wells on either side of the boot. I have got some rubber matting spare, and might cut them to shape myself.

Fitted LED side (position) lights and DRL'S. Why Mitsu couldn't have fitted them as standard, I just can't fathom. A big improvement, in my opinion. Only had a bit of trouble getting the DRL P13W's to the right diameter, the electronic gubbins came free from the plastic base. A dab of superglue did the trick.

Regulo said:
Fitted LED side (position) lights and DRL'S. Why Mitsu couldn't have fitted them as standard, I just can't fathom. A big improvement, in my opinion. Only had a bit of trouble getting the DRL P13W's to the right diameter, the electronic gubbins came free from the plastic base. A dab of superglue did the trick.
Did it take long to fit the led sidelights? I have had these for a week or so, and haven't got round to fitting them. Where did you get the led DRL's please?

Been busy today - I finally got around to fitting the side steps I bought before my PHEV arrived. Although genuine Outlander items, they are really for the diesel version so required a bit of modification to make them fit. The left side fits perfectly without modification but as the exhaust runs along the right side, the front two brackets need a bit of surgery to give enough clearance. As the front bracket is not as strong as I would like I might replace the brackets when Mitsubishi get their finger out and make a proper set for the PHEV :roll:

Also fitted a set of 15mm spacers to give a slightly wider stance, bringing the tyres out level with the OEM mudflaps and look very good in my opinion. I think they make the steering a little better too (might be my imagination though ;) )

Finally, I upgraded the main beams to Osram Nightbreakers and changed various filament bulbs to LEDs - no more dim yellow lights any more! :geek:

Did it take long to fit the led sidelights? I have had these for a week or so, and haven't got round to fitting them. Where did you get the led DRL's please?
No, a 10 minute job. Would have been a 5 minute job, but I had to move a (relay?) box in front of the nearside one. I just couldn't reach the lamp enough to get a grip on it. Just one bolt, no big deal. Bulbs are a tight fit, used a rubber band for extra grip.

I used these for the DRL's - £3.89, but from China, about 2 weeks delivery.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251647277786?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Others are available - do a search for "DRL" on the forum, other people have used different ones. As far as I know, they'll all need the fitting diameter reduced. I used a Dremel and hand file, and the electronic bit broke free from the plastic base, but not a disaster, a dot of superglue re-fixed it all together. Good luck.

Back