What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was alerted by TPMS to a slow puncture - so took the car to nearest tyre centre to have it repaired.... I can confirm that although the TPMS system may be pretty rudimentary, it did its job on this occasion - I wouldn't have noticed the slow puncture (at least for a bit longer) without TPMS....

jdsx said:
I was alerted by TPMS to a slow puncture - so took the car to nearest tyre centre to have it repaired.... I can confirm that although the TPMS system may be pretty rudimentary, it did its job on this occasion - I wouldn't have noticed the slow puncture (at least for a bit longer) without TPMS....
Today after driving about 200 miles I had this TPMS alert about 1 mile short of my first destination (Bicester Village Outlets) so I carried onto illuminated covered car park and checked tyres which seemed ok (no noticeable difference between them). went off to shops & had a meal returning about 3 hours later to see passenger side rear getting noticeably flat so pulled into nearest service station 0.5 miles away and inflated it up to 38 psi. Drove 35 miles to 2nd destination without problem and no further TPMS warning.
Question is what to do next and why the tyre lost pressure - is it slow puncture. Will check tomorrow morning but I am now 300 miles from home and have to get to Cheltenham and back, then another 300 miles home. Anyone used the the compressor supplied, how far will the repair kit get me & will it ruin the tyre.

Question is what to do next and why the tyre lost pressure - is it slow puncture. Will check tomorrow morning but I am now 300 miles from home and have to get to Cheltenham and back, then another 300 miles home. Anyone used the the compressor supplied, how far will the repair kit get me & will it ruin the tyre.

I'd think a nail or such in the tread. Can you spare the time to get it to a local tyre place? I'd be wary of using the sealant, after reports that it practically makes the tyre unrepairable later - but never had the experience, thankfully.

Casper said:
Anyone used the the compressor supplied, how far will the repair kit get me & will it ruin the tyre.

Haven't had to use the sealant but the compressor works a treat :)

I would use a plug kit for a nail puncture, the latex one usually destroys the tyre.
http://www.halfords.com/motoring/breakdown-emergency/breakdown-kits/plug-go-4-piece-tyre-repair-plug-kit

Halfords went bankrupt over here, but I suppose kits like these can easily be found elsewhere.

Regulo said:

I'd think a nail or such in the tread. Can you spare the time to get it to a local tyre place? I'd be wary of using the sealant, after reports that it practically makes the tyre unrepairable later - but never had the experience, thankfully.
Well you hit the nail on the head there, so to speak. It was actually a screw right in the centre of the tyre so was repairable with a plug so pleased I didn't try the gunge supplied. The tyre was flat again this morning but the neat little compressor worked fine, to allow me to drive round to Marlow Tyres (SL7 1LW about mile off M40) and get the job done for £18. It was very busy there but they were very friendly and slotted me in so I would recommend them if you hit a problem.

I've finally fitted the led front sidelight bulbs. A slightly fiddly job to put the new ones in, as they're slightly longer than the originals.

The end result is that they look good, and will use a tiny amount less juice.

Ozukus said:
What have I done with my PHEV today.

Let the wife drive solo for the first time :shock:

Ah, so you mean 'What have I done with "our" PHEV today'... :lol: I'm always being told off for referring to it as 'my' car.... :roll:

Ozukus said:
jdsx said:
I'm always being told off for referring to it as 'my' car.... :roll:

Same here, but never get told off for being the only one making the payments on the darn thing :?

I get told off for it, but my wife paid for it, so I guess she has the right to tell me off... :)

Captured my first Dash Cam moment from the PHEV today.

Just in case someone needed a witness.

http://media800.dropshots.com/photos/1236493/20150103/103305.mp4

Had a had a Side Cam as well as the Dash Cam then would have caught him texting away while we were side by side earlier on!

Ozukus said:
Captured my first Dash Cam moment from the PHEV today.

Just in case someone needed a witness.

http://media800.dropshots.com/photos/1236493/20150103/103305.mp4

Had a had a Side Cam as well as the Dash Cam then would have caught him texting away while we were side by side earlier on!
Great piece of driving by the Fiat 500 driver, what a numpty.
Have thought about getting a dash cam, may ask for one for my birthday in January.

That's from a Blaupunkt BP 1.0 HD.

Nice little device once you work out how to use it, instructions are near to useless, and the unit turned up with Russian Language set.

Now I've got it working though very pleased with it.

gwatpe said:
I am all for posting dumb driving, but please blurr out the number plate or remove the link.

Why should numpties have anonymity?

The uk law allows you to take photos or video in public, and to use them (in most cases) without permission required.

1. Managed to reverse into a car that parked up behind me during the time it took to get in and start the car :oops: - fortunately no damage to either :)

2. Finally got to use a public fast charger (Dartford Crossing Services) while we stopped for a snack on the way home from Southend. :mrgreen: Although had to change charging point as the first was faulty and had to ring control as I couldn't disconnect it from the car :oops:

Fitted my new carpet mats that arrived this morning (well technically my wife fitted them!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201200216293?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rmvSB=true

They are really good value, I like the quality and fit, and only £15.99 (and unfortunately I'm not on commission!)

Back