What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest in the saga with my useless dealer. Have completed a Mitsu survey, I'd scored the dealer low several weeks ago - not getting the protection pack or even an invoice so I couldn't check if I had paid for the paint protection - difficult to tell with Polar White.

Anyway they rang me and confirmed I hadn't had or paid for the paint protection or the protection pack. But I still wanted the mud flaps and paint protection, so took it to them at 9.30 this Saturday. I was told to come back as late as possible about 4pm.

I get there at 4.30, its dark, the car's parked out the front, so I go in to collect the key and am given it. When I ask about paying, I'm told the aftersales manager is not there and has left no instructions about me paying (nor the missing invoice he promised me) but assured he will ring me at home Sunday morning - all very odd. So out to the car - I can see there are the mud flaps but also two scrapings of paint off in the middle of the driver's door - no dents & not big but still obvious! Oi, I says what about these :evil:

Yes we saw those. they say, must have been there when you left it :eek: Anyway without the manager there I can't argue with anyone so took the car home planning to "have words" when he rings. :twisted: And this is where it gets weird - he hasn't :?:

So at present I have had the mud flaps fitted and the paint treatment done for free or rather the cost of two paint scrapes. Assuming this stays the position I can't decide whether I'm :twisted: or :lol: ? BTW there is no evidence of the treatment over the scrapes so must have been done afterwards - probably when using a step ladder to polish the roof.

Must admit to feeling very happy and a little smug this morning.......after a cold night in North Wales the outside temperature was 0 C when I left home this morning, and the neighbours were all scraping their frosty windscreens. Mine had been defrosted on the timer, windscreen clear, no scrpaing or further defrosting required, car warm-ish. ;) Will be interesting to see how it copes when temperatures really drop and we get serious snow.

Added a second timer (via MMCS, haven't bothered with the app at all yet) to do the same just before I leave work this evening; hoping for a cold, cold day! That'll wipe the smile off the faces of the frosted up BMWs, Mercs and Audis! Then I look forward to the snow to show off the AWD capability..... :lol:

DrSlackBladder said:
Must admit to feeling very happy and a little smug this morning.......after a cold night in North Wales the outside temperature was 0 C when I left home this morning, and the neighbours were all scraping their frosty windscreens. Mine had been defrosted on the timer, windscreen clear, no scrpaing or further defrosting required, car warm-ish. ;) Will be interesting to see how it copes when temperatures really drop and we get serious snow.

Added a second timer (via MMCS, haven't bothered with the app at all yet) to do the same just before I leave work this evening; hoping for a cold, cold day! That'll wipe the smile off the faces of the frosted up BMWs, Mercs and Audis! Then I look forward to the snow to show off the AWD capability..... :lol:

DSB - are you aware that you can only have one 10 min preheat period programmed per day? If you've set a second period (Timer 2?), you will need to toggle the settings between Timer 1 and Timer 2 twice each day if you want it to actually run twice a day. :?

Paule23 said:
Are you sure the treatment has been done? Is the an easy way to tell?

A good question - I think you need two cars together to tell the difference between treated & untreated. However, looking at where the scrapes are, they seem to be down to dull undercoat with no obvious "gloss" covering, if done before the treatment was applied. ;)

Dealer has rung wife today complaining I haven't paid :lol: She told him that I was in court today and couldn't be contacted, so he might think I'm a real lawyer. That will give him something to worry about overnight :lol:

Yesterday took car out of London for the second time to Southend - about 60 miles each way. Left at 2.30 to arrive about 5pm for a pre theatre meal. Journey should take 1 hour 15 to 1 hour 30 so I thought I might fast charge at Thurrock services each way with a further slow charge at the car park nearest to the restaurant/theatre and so do whole journey in EV. :mrgreen:

Actual journey close to 5 hours due to repeated accidents along A13 causing slow moving queues. Although a real pain this did show up one of the strengths of the PHEV - when reduced to crawl and stop/start driving very little energy used (none when stationary) so EV lasted longer than expected and even when down to "empty" a little ICE to move the car produced some more EV to extend the "no fuel" range (even if only 100 yards or so :lol:).

Abandoned the meal but still thought I could make the slow charge whilst in the theatre (Mousetrap - what a dull play :cry: ) but couldn't get the charge point to work, despite talking to helpful operator, it wouldn't connect to the car - presumably faulty. I suppose its lucky I haven't got a Leaf otherwise I would have been stuck in the rain with a dead car :oops:

Drove back on ICE with very little EV surplus generated but finally worked out how to best use the heating controls without getting paranoid about using precious charge or burning petrol (or wife opening the window :p )

Didn't bother with the fast charge on the way back either but will try this as an all EV journey another time.

maddogsetc said:
DrSlackBladder said:

DSB - are you aware that you can only have one 10 min preheat period programmed per day? If you've set a second period (Timer 2?), you will need to toggle the settings between Timer 1 and Timer 2 twice each day if you want it to actually run twice a day. :?

Yes, I'm aware, and toggling is what I do. ;)

greendwarf said:
Actual journey close to 5 hours due to repeated accidents along A13 causing slow moving queues.

Sounds about right. :twisted: Least little "bumper-kisser" in these parts results in gridlock. Not helped if the emergency services attend, and close a lane or two.

Regulo said:
greendwarf said:
Actual journey close to 5 hours due to repeated accidents along A13 causing slow moving queues.

Sounds about right. :twisted: Least little "bumper-kisser" in these parts results in gridlock. Not helped if the emergency services attend, and close a lane or two.

Forgot to mention - we also had one of those (4 car shunt in the slow lane :eek: ) on the way home around 11pm but that only added about 15mins :D

First drive of any distance in my new PHEV, the 34 mile cross London journey to the office.

Was 2C when I got in the car and had to wait about 5 minutes while the ICE kicked in to heat the vehicle and demist the front screen.

Once done set off with a cabin temperature of 18C and was about half way through the drive when I pressed the ECO button.

b_065748.jpg

So for me, 77.3mpg is a great result considering I only got about 60-65mpg in my 1.4DiD Manual Yaris.

The MPG will get caned on the way home as that's 60 miles round the bottom of the M25 and my company don't put in charge sockets till next year, but still all in all I'm happy with the result and once the charge points are in and the blend of seasonal driving works in favour on the MPG for the PHEV I expect i'll be at least equal to, if not better than the Yaris as I'm expecting as all my local driving will be mostly EV.

Ozukus said:
First drive of any distance in my new PHEV, the 34 mile cross London journey to the office.

Was 2C when I got in the car and had to wait about 5 minutes while the ICE kicked in to heat the vehicle and demist the front screen.

Can I suggest you put it on demist with the aircon before heating the car - should enable you to drive earlier and once the car is moving the ICE will warm up faster. 5 minutes stationary with the ICE running seems unnecessarily expensive. :eek:

greendwarf said:
Can I suggest you put it on demist with the aircon before heating the car - should enable you to drive earlier and once the car is moving the ICE will warm up faster. 5 minutes stationary with the ICE running seems unnecessarily expensive. :eek:

It was on demist and may have been as low as 3 minutes but I've got to admit, and have seen it posted elsewhere, that this car has the worst interior condensation of any car I've ever owned.

However I believe it will improve as I'm chalking it up to the fact it spent about 2 months at sea in high humidity areas and it's residual moisture in the car that will eventually dissipate.

I've not done anything to my PHEV, mainly as it's not been delivered yet, but I have completed various bits of finance paperwork. My dealer is still quoting pre Christmas delivery although the grant application states 16th January. The sceptic in mean suggests the latter in more likely.

Hi,
Some dummy (me) forgot to plug the car in to charge last night so had the pleasure of driving with an engine for a change. The otherwise wasted heat was quite nice though :)
Kind regards,
Mark

avensys said:
Hi,
Some dummy (me) forgot to plug the car in to charge last night so had the pleasure of driving with an engine for a change. The otherwise wasted heat was quite nice though :)
Kind regards,
Mark

I've never forgotten to plug it in, but I have forgotten to turn the charging point on!

Ozukus said:
greendwarf said:

It was on demist and may have been as low as 3 minutes but I've got to admit, and have seen it posted elsewhere, that this car has the worst interior condensation of any car I've ever owned.

However I believe it will improve as I'm chalking it up to the fact it spent about 2 months at sea in high humidity areas and it's residual moisture in the car that will eventually dissipate.

You might be right - as I noted in another thread recently, the heavy internal condensation I had for a few days a couple of weeks ago has disappeared. :)

Back