What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad of my pre-heat this morning (assuming link works) (EDIT: you may have to right click and open in new tab)
vfp7aq59n

bought winter boots for it. a 4 wheel drift heading around a snow/hail covered bend last night was the thing that tilted the decision making. traction in a straight line is one thing, but sideways motion and stopping are something no 4wd system alone can help with in such conditions.

They are simply 99p letters bought on ebay - surprisingly good quality actually and the font is really close to the oem logo.
I just made myself a template and stuck 'em on! Literally a five minute mod!

Filled in an owners survey e-mailed to me from foreign parts - presumably picked up from this forum due to the odd "Dutch" spelling e.g. "systeem". Although questions about money in GBP consumption was all in liters. Sender called TNS - anybody else got this?

greendwarf said:
Filled in an owners survey e-mailed to me from foreign parts - presumably picked up from this forum due to the odd "Dutch" spelling e.g. "systeem". Although questions about money in GBP consumption was all in liters. Sender called TNS - anybody else got this?

I did too, a few days ago. The questions were interesting - lots of emphasis on how real world performance compares with what you were expecting before you bought it and about driving patterns - how does your weekday usage differ from your weekend usage? I suspect that they have become a bit nervous about poor reaction to the car from some quarters and are reassessing the marketing message.

Yesterday evening driving home from work I got a dashboard message "FCM Temporarily Unavailable". I was dirving through a bit of a blizzard at the time, so I guess it was either that FCM sensors were confused by the snowfall, or that with an outside temperature of 0C it is programmed to disable FCM for fear of locking up. This morning all seems back to normal (i.e. no messages). Anyone else had this?

DrSlackBladder said:
Yesterday evening driving home from work I got a dashboard message "FCM Temporarily Unavailable". I was dirving through a bit of a blizzard at the time, so I guess it was either that FCM sensors were confused by the snowfall, or that with an outside temperature of 0C it is programmed to disable FCM for fear of locking up. This morning all seems back to normal (i.e. no messages). Anyone else had this?

I think its simply the snow covering the sensor, I get that with my current cars front parking sensors during very heavy snow fall, they beep constantly until I turn the sensors off.

DrSlackBladder said:

I assume that the FCM sensors are ultrasonic, aren't they? If so, then heavy snow is likely to cause so much back scatter that they cannot be relied upon. I guess rain could do the same.

Ran it on petrol (shock horror), as I needed to go into Bristol, which was beyond my battery's range.

Finally managed to use a street charging point in central London yesterday using my Type 1 to Type 2 cable. Free electricity and free parking courtesy of Westminster Council, while I was at my Stamp Club meeting in Bush House, just across the road. Got about 75% charge after 2.5 hours. :p Well worth the £200 for the cable :lol:

Mind you, had earlier twice tried & failed to 3pin charge in the Snowfields NCP car park at London Bridge. Not sure if it was me or the charge point. So no off-set to the £5 per hour parking fee there :cry:

Also as I was spending the day unexpectedly driving around central London I am kicking myself for not signing up to the Congestion Charge exemption :oops:

Still I was very happy with the car in my first real drive with it in heavy city traffic - all on electric - and not a single cyclist injured :mrgreen:

greendwarf said:
and free parking courtesy of Westminster Council,
Did you do anything to draw attention to the wardens attention that you were exempt from charges or just hope they knew?

Titan said:
greendwarf said:
and free parking courtesy of Westminster Council,
Did you do anything to draw attention to the wardens attention that you were exempt from charges or just hope they knew?

Bright orange cable connecting car to charging post probably gave it away :lol: The EV bay has no "code" for parking charges/enforcement notices anyway.

Finally got to test out the car in the snow after the "blizzard" last night must have dumped all of 1cm here in the high sierras of Sarf Lundun :lol:

greendwarf said:
Bright orange cable connecting car to charging post probably gave it away :lol: The EV bay has no "code" for parking charges/enforcement notices anyway.
Ah yes, that would tend to give it away. I thought you were taking advantage of the free parking Westminster allows EVs.

Titan said:
greendwarf said:
Ah yes, that would tend to give it away. I thought you were taking advantage of the free parking Westminster allows EVs.

Killing two birds with one stone :mrgreen:

I've had my winter wheels swapped on :D and my rear light replaced :oops:
So that spring weather will no doubt be here shortly - taken me all winter to sort my wheels out! Will post a pic when I can get round to it. They feel different - will report back when I've got a view on performance...

And the garage said they would jet wash my other wheels and deliver them back to me at home to save me putting them back in the car - how's that for service!
H

Back