What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fitted my dog guard today - a genuine MM one. Good quality and not a bad price either.
That should stop my little monster climbing over the back of the seats to join me in the driving seat!

Maybe it'll stop the dog too! :lol:

Hypermiler said:
I've had my winter wheels swapped on :D and my rear light replaced :oops:
So that spring weather will no doubt be here shortly - taken me all winter to sort my wheels out! Will post a pic when I can get round to it. They feel different - will report back when I've got a view on performance...

And the garage said they would jet wash my other wheels and deliver them back to me at home to save me putting them back in the car - how's that for service!
H

Good effort H

david1972 said:
An easy fit razman?

Literally ten minutes - just needed to fit two small brackets on the front-most luggage hooks, a little bit of head scratching to figure out where it sits and then tighten everything.

Oh and then read the instructions :lol:

good news my ecotricity swipe car arrived in the post, only took a couple days after registering.

bad news the boat load of misubishi@s from japan has been delayed, never arrived yesterday as scheduled, dealer will call back on 16th to arrange a pick up, if not further delayed now due in to britol docks sunday.

getting a home 16amp plug fitted monday.

Just completed 1st 2 months with my company ,Pearlescent white GX4hs,really comfortable & as I do a high mileage that is vital Just turned 5000 miles ,with a lot of motorway work here and in Europe, am averaging 32.7 mpg is that about right?

surreyphev said:
Just completed 1st 2 months with my company ,Pearlescent white GX4hs,really comfortable & as I do a high mileage that is vital Just turned 5000 miles ,with a lot of motorway work here and in Europe, am averaging 32.7 mpg is that about right?

Depends on how fast you drive. I generally cruise at around 60mph on motorways and get closer to 40mpg even in the cold weather. To be averaging 32mpg over a significant period of usage, you must have a heavier right foot than me! :)

surreyphev said:

I had to do a 120 mile trip last night on petrol only and returned 37 mpg. Heating and lights on, light load, vast majority on cruise control without many interruptions, set at 70 mph.

Got rid of another annoying beep - disconnected the one under the back of the car that sounds off every time I get out without the key. And if any passengers get in or out of the car. Yes I know it shouldn't, but it does, and until it goes for it's first service, I want it quiet. Which it now is. And ordered a space-saver wheel, don't trust the tyre-o-gunk stuff.

RazMan said:
david1972 said:
An easy fit razman?

Literally ten minutes - just needed to fit two small brackets on the front-most luggage hooks, a little bit of head scratching to figure out where it sits and then tighten everything.

Oh and then read the instructions :lol:

+1, it is easy as long as you read the instructions. You can't use the rear most parcel cover setting with this fitted, and it's not flush to the rear seats, but good quality and does what it needs to. I like the gap for the third rear seatbelt.

Oh and I took the PHEV to the beach! Beautiful day in Alnmouth, parked right next to the beach and had great fun filling the boot and rear seats with sand (not intentionally I hasten to add)

That's twice now I've been caught with no screen wash in the tank. Guess I really used to rely on the BMW's "low screen wash" warning, which we know the PHEV doesn't have. So more diligence required from me, especially with the amounts we have to use in the winter. But I'd only ever topped it up before, not filled it......today I filled it and managed to get a whole 5 litres of pre-mixed screen wash in the wash tank!!

Hi,
Today i managed to run the petrol tank as low as I dared. Passed the second warning for low fuel. It switched to EV and ignored save/charge. Once EV had run out engine started in series hybrid mode irrespective of speed. It also then seemed to run on battery until the single bar on battery charge disappeared. I was quite disappointed when I only managed to fillup with 41.7 litres. Interestingly, the petrol gauge available via ODBII reader didn't seem to be able to indicate below about 7% remaining. After this it started flashing 0.0.
Kind regards,
Mark

DrSlackBladder said:
That's twice now I've been caught with no screen wash in the tank. Guess I really used to rely on the BMW's "low screen wash" warning, which we know the PHEV doesn't have. So more diligence required from me, especially with the amounts we have to use in the winter. But I'd only ever topped it up before, not filled it......today I filled it and managed to get a whole 5 litres of pre-mixed screen wash in the wash tank!!

Same here. My BMW also could take 5 litres but was rarely that empty. As you say the low screen wash warning was great. The Outlander also seems to push a lot more water out what with it having in a total of 6 nozzles for the windscreen and the headlight washers not to mention when you use the auto wash and it squirts several times.

I used to top up the BMW perhaps every 3 or 4 months. I've run out twice on the Outlander and I have only had it for 2 months.

bdbdbd said:
DrSlackBladder said:

Same here. My BMW also could take 5 litres but was rarely that empty. As you say the low screen wash warning was great. The Outlander also seems to push a lot more water out what with it having in a total of 6 nozzles for the windscreen and the headlight washers not to mention when you use the auto wash and it squirts several times.

I used to top up the BMW perhaps every 3 or 4 months. I've run out twice on the Outlander and I have only had it for 2 months.

It does seem to have been a cold dry winter rather than a warm wet one :) . Usually we get enough natural screen wash falling from the sky here, but I also just had to fill up the screenwash tank. Glad to see the screenwash bottle says it works down to -60C neat. That should be enough..... :lol:

jdsx said:
bdbdbd said:
DrSlackBladder said:

It does seem to have been a cold dry winter rather than a warm wet one :) . Usually we get enough natural screen wash falling from the sky here, but I also just had to fill up the screenwash tank. Glad to see the screenwash bottle says it works down to -60C neat. That should be enough..... :lol:

Yes but that doesn't stop the nozzles freezing up at -2C :evil:

Yesterday I used a public charging point for the first time - Ikea (at 8:30 pm so it was empty) and it worked great (wish they could put a light over the unit though)

Question though - there are two parking bays (and when I first parked I had to move to the next one as the cable didn't reach :eek: ) - even so it looked like you can only charge one car at a time - is that true? - if I get there and the DC is free but there is an EV using the AC I can't use the DC until they have finished. Made this assumption because there is only one place to use your card and see a screen?

That's true, the AC/DC charger can only charge one vehicle at a time. One of my pain points for Heston Services Westbound where every work day there is a EV connected to the AC side of the charger for about 1-1.5 hours during exactly the same period I could utilise it just at the end of my EV range. Was hoping I could get a charge and a coffee prior to the remaining 6 miles of my commute to the office.

Supposedly they are going to install another unit there, but no specific date, and the other services I could use, as part of my commute home, Cobham and Westbound Clackett Lane, none of the 3 units work, either keyboards don't work or you get initialisation errors.

So 4 units I could potentially use, none available for various reasons.

So much for having access to that Ecotricity Electric Highway!!

Today I had a charge point fitted at home. I had previously been told that I couldn't have one as a cable needed running to the consumer unit and the garage is detached and I wasn't prepared for the upheavel of a cable being run. I got an electrician to fit a consumer unit in the garage and then the charge point connected to this. Although the cable from the house is a standard 2.5mm I had the Rolec 32A + 5M tethered unit fitted. If I ever get a car that can charge at 32A (and if the tethered cable will fit it) then I will have to have the cable to the garage upgraded.

The unit also showed 8.4KWh for a full charge compared to the 12.2KWh that a plug meter with the standard charger used to show.

I also had the chance to park in Sheffield city centre and use their newly installed chargers. Or at least I would have had if there wasn't already a Leaf and i3 using there :(

Kind regards,
Mark

avensys said:
Today I had a charge point fitted at home. I had previously been told that I couldn't have one as a cable needed running to the consumer unit and the garage is detached and I wasn't prepared for the upheavel of a cable being run. I got an electrician to fit a consumer unit in the garage and then the charge point connected to this. Although the cable from the house is a standard 2.5mm I had the Rolec 32A + 5M tethered unit fitted. If I ever get a car that can charge at 32A (and if the tethered cable will fit it) then I will have to have the cable to the garage upgraded.

The unit also showed 8.4KWh for a full charge compared to the 12.2KWh that a plug meter with the standard charger used to show.

I also had the chance to park in Sheffield city centre and use their newly installed chargers. Or at least I would have had if there wasn't already a Leaf and i3 using there :(

Kind regards,
Mark

You mean you've survived this long just charging off the brick at 10A? :?:

Back