What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exceeded EV range for the first time.
ICE kicked in after exactly 52 km.
After a total of 81.3 km, the average fuel consumpion displayed was 2.6l/100km.
If I calculated right, the PHEV burned 2.11 liters of fuel during the last 29.3 km?
Which would give an average of 6.9l/100km if I'd ran it purely on petrol? Right?

Kim said:
If I calculated right, the PHEV burned 2.11 liters of fuel during the last 29.3 km?
Which would give an average of 6.9l/100km if I'd ran it purely on petrol? Right?
That equates to 41mpg if my maths is correct which tallies very closely with my consumption when running with ICE. I assume that you are a steady driver, like myself, to achieve that.
Kind regards,
mark

Kim said:
Those are very nice figures, especially in winter time. Before people start to pull out their hairs when their attempts to match your figures fail, may I ask:

Heater off? must be, right?
Airco off? must be, right?
What was your average speed?
What was you difference in altitude between departure and arrival, if any?

Just curious, as your numbers are so good. :)

took delivery yesterday, took it out for night drive last night. drove along some dark rural roads found dipped and main beam lights were excellent despite what I had read before. We have the base model and had been thinking about a ceramic heaterafter reading earlier posts but the heater warmed up quickly like any other car was not slow at all.

ours is glacial blue and it glided round the roads in a smooth comfy drive "electra glide in blue"

very impressed with the car.

one point the reversing lights are poor and do not light up the the driveway when reversing in the dark.

we live on an island so will bit a little while before going on mainland for a motorway long trip.

Yes, everything off, except bum cooker.
Was a return trip over country roads (speedlimit in Switzerland is at 80kmph for these) so I was rolling between 70 and 80kmph.
Love the B0 setting, saves huge amounts of kWh.
Also, I always put 20-25% more pressure into my tires.

This is the first time ever that I'd call myself a "hypermiler", but I drove my 18 year old Volvo V70 with less than 5l/100km and my old Jaguar S Type with V8 engine with 8.2l/100km,
so maybe I qualify....?

Spring must be coming - for the first time I got into the car - didn't play with various settings (except The Eco button) - ICE didn't start - drove 11 miles round trip and got back with the screen telling me I had used 100% EV - and the estimated EV range was still 17 miles - and it was all in town.

Now that's what I like.

phil4146 said:
Spring must be coming - for the first time I got into the car - didn't play with various settings (except The Eco button) - ICE didn't start - drove 11 miles round trip and got back with the screen telling me I had used 100% EV - and the estimated EV range was still 17 miles - and it was all in town.

Now that's what I like.

"EV Days are Here Again"!

I didn't get 100% EV this morning, but it did show 99% at the end of my trip which was a great improvement on the last few weeks!

duetto said:
one point the reversing lights are poor and do not light up the the driveway when reversing in the dark.

The Japanese get twin fog/reversing lights on theirs :twisted:

Mine gave me a stiff neck. I banged my head twice on the silly low boot lid, my head brushes it at the best of times but I had reversed to a low curb and forgot I was standing a couple of inches higher bang! ouch!

Also I was ragging it a bit today in a hurry and got the 'restricted power' message which is bit disconcerting when overtaking!
the PHEV really needs better battery data on display rather than just range so you can see if your running out of battery completely and can ease off like voltage or something. (had this happen twice now, never going to make it round the Nürburgring! ;) )

I also made the mistake of buying fuel on the motorway, no wonder the station was deserted £1.20 a litre.

BobEngineer said:
Also I was ragging it a bit today in a hurry and got the 'restricted power' message which is bit disconcerting when overtaking!
the PHEV really needs better battery data on display rather than just range so you can see if your running out of battery completely and can ease off like voltage or something. (had this happen twice now, never going to make it round the Nürburgring! ;) )

I also made the mistake of buying fuel on the motorway, no wonder the station was deserted £1.20 a litre.

Er, what about the fuel gauges on the start up screen :?

In France, I found a difference of 25c (20p) per litre between the Auoroute services and the town - worth making a detour :eek:

greendwarf said:
BobEngineer said:

Er, what about the fuel gauges on the start up screen :?

In France, I found a difference of 25c (20p) per litre between the Auoroute services and the town - worth making a detour :eek:

You means those 3 green glowing things that keep changing colour and stuff? can't make head nor tail of them but can't take my eye off the road long enough to work them out, need to have a play when the wife drives or shock horror...read the manual. :shock:

Anyway today I washed it and found several stone chips in the bonnet edge and a couple in the wings after only 3000 miles. It seems the PHEV is painted with kids felt tip pens. The old one wasn't any better, our one was dented by hail!

been back to dealer today to sort out a few questions.

he set up the bluetooth phone which i was lost on, took him 4 attempts with my samsung3 before it linked up, he also put me right on a few points with the lights/wipers/limiter etc

had a discussion on the "B" settings for braking had been using B3 but apparently the higher the setting the more energy to the battery against stronger braking so upped the B setting now to B4 we live in a very hilly area which may explain why the battery charge column sometimes hardley drops and other times drops as expected.

what do you set the B settings as, or do you not use it?

I too have banged my head on the boot lid.

I vary the B setting often when driving depending on conditions. On the motorway I use B1 or B2 so it mostly free-wheels but slows gradually if you ease off, this is fine for regulating your speed on the motorway and makes it smoother. In city driving I go to B5 so it slows quite a bit when you release the accelerator, makes the rapidly varying city speeds easier, less manual braking needed.

some people have concerns that you will be hit from behind using B5 as the person behind will see no brake lights, I have not seen any sign of this being a real problem, even B5 is fairly gentle in my PHEV and comparable to someone engine braking in a normal car in a lower gear like 3rd so other drivers should be able to cope with this.

spent today using b5 quiet like it in rural hilly lanes,setting off soon upto london will be our first dual carrage way and motorway driving will try b0. pity the limiter does not block the speed increase instead of just a bleep.

the A3 portsmouth to m25 could do with some charging points none around.

on motorway driving used to use the rev counter to get good fuel economy at around 2000 revs so i suppose 55-60 mph will be best for the phev.

duetto said:
pity the limiter does not block the speed increase instead of just a bleep.
Not sure what you mean as if I set the limiter I can't go faster than the limit, no matter how hard I mash the pedal to the floor. Found it very useful in the M42 controlled sections.

Titan said:
duetto said:
pity the limiter does not block the speed increase instead of just a bleep.
Not sure what you mean as if I set the limiter I can't go faster than the limit, no matter how hard I mash the pedal to the floor. Found it very useful in the M42 controlled sections.

Same here - though you can override it by flooring the pedal - there is a mechanical stop near full depression - pass that and the limiter is overridden.

maby said:
Same here - though you can override it by flooring the pedal - there is a mechanical stop near full depression - pass that and the limiter is overridden.
Ah, must be those egg shells I'm used to - never press hard enough ;)

my limiter goes over and just makes a noise, checked with dealer who said it does not limit the speed just alerts you when you go over.[the only way is to use cruise control which I do not like]

I seem to be getting fixated with the controls rather than the road, checking the charge controls and the speed. there is a no 30mph clearly marked on the speed ometer and I have to be careful round here traffic speed are very enthusiastic here in the 30mph zones, go round a bend and he is in the middle of the road pointing you in, how they clock speeding from out of sight around a bend baffles me, no tell tale cables across the road or obvious hidden camera.

Back