Save starting default settings?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t3lmo

90% of the times I must re-set the settings when starting the PHEV.
Usualy:
ECO mode ON (default is OFF)
LDW OFF (default is ON)
Acoustic vehicle alerting OFF (default is ON)

Is there a way to save default settings for when the car starts? Or use the last setup?

Hi,

IMHO, safety features should always start up enabled and preference features should simply remember their previous setting.

Kind regards,
Mark

avensys said:
Hi,

IMHO, safety features should always start up enabled and preference features should simply remember their previous setting.

Kind regards,
Mark

As is the case with most cars with ABS, Traction control, anti yaw etc etc - all these are switched on by default and it is left to the driver to make the decision to turn them off.

avensys said:
Don't think LDW (lane departure warning) is a huge security feature.
Useful at high speeds, highway etc, but in the city its just a boring pain to ear.

t3lmo said:
avensys said:
Useful at high speeds, highway etc, but in the city its just a boring pain to ear.
Hi,
But it is sold as a safety feature so should be automatically be enabled on startup. Maybe there should be an advanced option in the setup somewhere that can be set to have it disabled on startup, maybe by the dealer. That would be a reasonable compromise.
Kind regards,
Mark

avensys said:
t3lmo said:
avensys said:
Hi,
But it is sold as a safety feature so should be automatically be enabled on startup. Maybe there should be an advanced option in the setup somewhere that can be set to have it disabled on startup, maybe by the dealer. That would be a reasonable compromise.
Kind regards,
Mark

Perhaps being a GX3 owner I should keep out of this debate but page 7-61 of the manual seems to be suggesting that if you hold down the LDW button it goes to LDW2 mode which its poor English indicates is an OFF default - of course, without it I can't check this for myself.

BTW I do seem to have the camera module on the windscreen :?

Ozukus said:
Considering one of the objectives is to achieve maximum EV range and high MPG that it would at least always start in ECO mode.

Not really, from my experience if you drive with light/smooth accelaretor inputs, normal mode range is same with ECO mode driving pure EV. I tested it many times. I have not tested paralel & series mode, but my gut feeling is that it would be similar. In this respect, ECO mode seems useless in terms of gaining more range. So why is it there? I don't know may be it is to do with giving some sort of a tool to the drivers with a heavy right foot to improve the range/economy because even with a heavy right foot you can't really get PHEV moving quick in ECO mode.

AFAIK, the only true impact of the ECO mode on EV range is with the AC system

With AC/heater OFF the ECO mode is useless.

DrSlackBladder said:
Pretty sure that the rate of acceleration is limited in ECO mode.
AFAIK, the throttle response, in ECO mode, is different but, if you floor the throttle, you will get full acceleration.

greendwarf said:
Perhaps being a GX3 owner I should keep out of this debate but page 7-61 of the manual seems to be suggesting that if you hold down the LDW button it goes to LDW2 mode which its poor English indicates is an OFF default - of course, without it I can't check this for myself.

How is it set to LDW2? I have kept the button press for several second but I never see any type of different indication suggesting LDW2. It only keeps toggling between OFF/ON upon button press (or rather realese actually).

I'm rather irritated with my "checklist" every time I drive. I.e. exterior sound off, ldw off, eco mode on, engage D, go.

Only things missing is turning on both magnets, selecting fuel tank, switching fuel pump off, maximum prime and set your transponder....bah

puckernutter said:
Only things missing is turning on both magnets, selecting fuel tank, switching fuel pump off, maximum prime and set your transponder....bah

Exactly!! We all dream/dreamt of being pilots. Here's your chance to do a preflight check every morning. :p

I have now trained my kids in charge coupling and decoupling so it really is just like driving an ordinary car as I don't even have to plug it in its now 'auto connect' :D

puckernutter said:
Don't forget to set the actual air pressure, the flaps and disengage the carburator pre heating for max. performance... :)

Ok, being more serious, I think I've seen a way how to work around these problems and create your own personal default settins, as long as there's a pushbutton involved.

I try to find it in the other forum and post a link and translation.I just know, that you can find it small enough even for putting it into very tight spots.

Kim said:
Ok, being more serious, I think I've seen a way how to work around these problems and create your own personal default settins, as long as there's a pushbutton involved.

I try to find it in the other forum and post a link and translation.

That will certainly make you popular!

Back