10,000+ miles

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maby said:
Andy123 said:
I thought the car was keyless (i.e. you don't have to put the key anywhere)?

It is in the sense that you don't have to insert a key, but the key fob does have to be in the car. Where I find that you need to be a bit careful is if you share the car with another driver - wife, for the sake of argument. My wife carries a key around in her handbag, and I take her to the railway station most mornings. I have, on at least one occasion, forgotten to pick up my key and the car has started on the strength of her key in her bag - I have been very glad of all the dongs and boings that it sounds when the key leaves the vehicle.

I haven't checked yet if it is possible to drive the car after the key has disappeared, provided it had been started properly. Either way, it would be a recipe for problems if it didn't make a lot of fuss about it - if I let my wife wander off with the only key and didn't realise that she had done so, there would be a risk that, instead of driving straight home, I carried on to the supermarket to pick up breakfast and found myself with a car that I could neither lock, nor restart.

But you could at least lock it by pressing the small buttons on the front doors or tailgate.

Back