2017 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV 144000km - Dark grey

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxpako

Hi there,

Just saying hi to the forum!

My ride, although that now I do not drive it so much due to change of my actual situation is from 2 years already a dark grey Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV from 2017.

It do not have anything special apart from the battery change at the begining of the year which after 10000km degraded 2% already :D (known defect, which I assume).
I choose this one instead of a Rav4 hybrid due to its full electric mode of more than 20km. And due to its "0-emission" sticker :p

My intention, much later on, when the battery degradation is high enough is to change the battery to a modified one with 19kWh if possible (there's a russian who made it possible), let's see.

As of now, the moments I drive it is very good, although I preffer stiffer shock absorbers :D

So, hi there!

Attachments

• Outlander PHEV.jpg
    Outlander PHEV.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 0
19kwh? I have a MY 17 too, it's bang on 70.0% SOH so i'm watching it closely to see if i can claim a replacement before the battery warranty runs out in June 2025.

However.... tell me more about this 19kwh upgrade? :). Is it a retrofit of the new outlander battery? (2023?)

Hi there,

Just saying hi to the forum!

My ride, although that now I do not drive it so much due to change of my actual situation is from 2 years already a dark grey Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV from 2017.

It do not have anything special apart from the battery change at the begining of the year which after 10000km degraded 2% already :D (known defect, which I assume).
I choose this one instead of a Rav4 hybrid due to its full electric mode of more than 20km. And due to its "0-emission" sticker :p

My intention, much later on, when the battery degradation is high enough is to change the battery to a modified one with 19kWh if possible (there's a russian who made it possible), let's see.

As of now, the moments I drive it is very good, although I preffer stiffer shock absorbers :D

So, hi there!
Very nice colour. I chose the same as you.

I agree with you on the shock absorbers (and springs) we found the ride and handling to be a particularly weak spot that we weren’t expecting. Our previous SUV was a Ford Kuga ST-Line which I thought was bad until we switched to the Outlander.

After some research I ended up buying new KYB shock absorbers and fitted Eibach Pro-springs at the same time. I also fitted Eibach 20mm wheel spacers front and rear, a Powerflex rear motor mount and a aluminium front strut brace in the engine compartment.

Now handles perfectly and can corner faster, no bobbing on the motorway, no more dive under braking, better stability in cross winds and generally more comfortable. My only gripe is she sits a bit too low for my liking for an SUV.

Back