Adaptive cruise question

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgb2000

Eagerly anticipating the PHEV arrival here in the UK, hopefully beginning of April.

Wondered if any current owners could clarify the adaptive cruise and how it works in stop/start traffic. If ACC brings the vehicle to a complete stop and the traffic moves again, does the Outlander resume moving without any driver interaction?

Thanks for any info :)

Oooh, good question! I always assumed the adaptive cruise control on the Outlander PHEV would stop functioning below a certain speed - I know cruise control in my current vehicle does not work below something like 25 km/h.

I did some diffing and found this post: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56

It's a video that shows the ACC in use, but only at motorway speeds of course...

I also found this online:

If your vehicle is equipped with a partially adaptive cruise control system, you’ll have to keep an eye out for traffic jams and other hazards. These systems usually shut down after your vehicle slows down to a certain speed, so they aren’t capable of bringing you to a complete stop. Fully adaptive systems, like those found in late model BMWs, are capable of functioning in stop and go traffic.

Now, does anyone know if the Outlander plug-in hybrid has partially adaptive, or fully adaptive cruise control?! :lol:

I do know the ACC on the Outlander will bring the vehicle to a complete stop, but not sure whether it will move off again on its own.

klaus said:
Now, does anyone know if the Outlander plug-in hybrid has partially adaptive, or fully adaptive cruise control?! :lol:

It is fully adaptive. It works in the traffic very well. It coaches the car into full stop, but after two seconds of being stopped it automatically disengages. So if your jam is moving 1km/h - 8 km/h it works prefect. If you do several stop and go's - It does not work.

Samuel

Wow that is great - I guess that's what I get for driving an 8 year old SUV. I miss out on what the latest vehicle technology can do! This is really good news for my commute as I often run into stop and go traffic for approximately 1 mile as traffic funnels onto a narrow bridge.

Garrett said:
klaus said:

It is fully adaptive. It works in the traffic very well. It coaches the car into full stop, but after two seconds of being stopped it automatically disengages. So if your jam is moving 1km/h - 8 km/h it works prefect. If you do several stop and go's - It does not work.

Samuel

That's useful info and answers my original question - thanks very much! In the case of fully stopped traffic, if the traffic started moving again and you selected 'resume' on the cruise selector, I wonder if the Outlander would pick up and start following the traffic again...

Back