Automatic Locking

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBJude

I have my GX4h for a week now. I'm trying to home in on the Automatic Lock feature but I must be missing something. I'm referring to automatic locking of all doors soon after take off. Any suggestions?

Thats not a feature...

The door locks can be set to relock after a stable delay after unlocking with the key fob...
The Locks can be set to Unlock when you turn the ignition off... ( if you have locked them manually)
But they will not automatically lock when you move off...

I use the button on the door for locking and unlocking the car. If I don't press the button to lock, then the car remains unlocked. I am usually carrying stuff when exiting the car and it is easy to just close the door and push the button on the door. The automatic locking only seems to work if the fob is used to unlock and lock. The fob lives in a pocket when I drive the car.

My old NISSAN MAXIMA had a push button code on the door and never had to worry about a key or fob to lock and unlock. Ignition Key lived in the car. Was the most practical system I have had in any car. Some Mercedes models had a similar system.

gwatpe said:
My old NISSAN MAXIMA had a push button code on the door and never had to worry about a key or fob to lock and unlock. Ignition Key lived in the car. Was the most practical system I have had in any car. Some Mercedes models had a similar system.

So what happened when it went for servicing - did you have to give the garage the code?

greendwarf said:
gwatpe said:

So what happened when it went for servicing - did you have to give the garage the code?

The Garage thought the system did not work, so they just used the key to lock the car and put it on their peg board awaiting pickup. The car did have provisions for a service mode with a key pin number that only worked for the day. Quite a smart system for 1994 when the car was made. Car was traded on the PHEV. No rust and engine still no problems after 350000km. Was such a let down when NEW PHEV locked us in the car the first night of ownership, with a computer glitch. New PHEV replacement has the all systems working feel one expects for a new car.

JBJude said:
I have my GX4h for a week now. I'm trying to home in on the Automatic Lock feature but I must be missing something. I'm referring to automatic locking of all doors soon after take off. Any suggestions?

Your dealer can set it to auto-lock and you can set the way it unlocks with the app or MMCS. Info of this can be found in the manual.

paa451843 said:
JBJude said:

Your dealer can set it to auto-lock and you can set the way it unlocks with the app or MMCS. Info of this can be found in the manual.

Are you sure? I'm not particularly interested in auto-locking, but I've never seen any mention of it as an option....

Back