Auxiliary Power

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnelk

Does anyone have info on the auxiliary power? How much power does it output, and will it be available in the US?

I assume it is outputting DC power, but that isn't very useful, so perhaps they convert it to AC?

EU version only has the small 12 V DC outlet.

In the Japanese version there seems to be a 100 v 1500 W aux power with invertor (60 hz ?)

Nooo! That's not what I wanted to hear :)

Do you know how the 12V is hooked up? Is it basically a direct feed from the battery pack, or is it from the 12V battery I guess?
What I am wondering is if there would be a way to hook up a 110V inverter with 1500W or more power?

Is the 12V output simply limited by a fuse (and wire size) to what it's allowed to draw, or is there some software or other limitations as well?

I was really hoping to use this as a work truck to power some tools when needed...

In the manual it is stated that the 12 V output(s) can not handle more than 120 W together, as they are on the auxiliary battery.

Only a power outlet on the big drive battery could help here (but not available in EU).

Hope my new Outlander comes with a 240V socket. What equipment and circuit do I need to use it to power my house at night, 7 - 11pm. I will charge it Midnight - 7am at the cheaper rate.

(We have the original 2004 Outlander. What a great car! Looking forward to the 2014 PHEV version.)

Merridy said:
Hope my new Outlander comes with a 240V socket. What equipment and circuit do I need to use it to power my house at night, 7 - 11pm. I will charge it Midnight - 7am at the cheaper rate.
Australian standard supply is 230V 10A, though I measure 243V at my house.
The Australian 15A plug has a larger earth prong and will not fit in a 10A socket. You can get a 15A socket fitted.
Alternatively, Jaycar sell a 10A to 15A adapter, which is handy when plugging in at work or at your Nan's place. http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MS4044&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=1001#3

An iMiEV owner told me that its internal charger is only 10A even though it comes with a 15A plug. If the PHEV has the same charger, then charging time won't be different between a 10A and 15A supply anyway. But you'll still need the adapter.

And don't expect a 240V socket in the car. The 100V 1500W outlet in Japanese PHEVs is a factory fit. (Actually, 100V sockets are in lots of Japanese minivans and SUVs, even non-hybrids.) Here's a machine translation about using the 100V 1500W socket as an emergency power supply. http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/reference/newmodelfaq/outlanderphev/1-1.html#q24

Or can be powered from the car how much?
The fully charged, power of about one day to be consumed in a typical household is capable of supplying.
By the engine power generation, power of about 10 days more I can supply.
※ 1 5 ~ 6 hours / day, to supply the power for four families.
※ 2 full charge and full tank of gas + battery charge mode in use, 5-6 hours / day, assuming a power of four people family.
※ 3 Active power generation mode by the engine, to charge the driving battery power.

Back