Bluetooth Phone Pairing

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alek

Dear All
I have just picked up my new PHEV4h and can't pair my Sony Xperia Z5 phone. Is anyone else having the same issues?
Regards
Alek

Managed to work it out. Sony has 0000 passcode hard coded to Bluetooth - set the passcode on the PHEV to the same and hey presto!

Same for all our Android phones. Had to reset the code on the car to 0000.

It's annoying that I had to do this before each phone pairing. The car defaults back to a random code each time.

I’m having the same problem, but havent figured out how to change the default passkey in the MMCS from 1212 to 0000. How did you manage to do that as I can’t see anything obvious in the settings ? There is an option to change a passcode, but this is something different to the passkey and looks like it acts as a kind of security check every time the system is switched on.

Any help appreciated as to how to get my phone connected !!

I don't have the MMCS on the 3h+ but I was able to access the settings by pressing the voice button on the steering wheel. The system is then voice activated, you say "Settings" and then the options are spoken to you. The option to change the pin is at the end of the pairing options menu. You tell it you want a fixed pin and then it will ask for the number.

Unfortunately, you have to reset it for each device.

You can't pair a phone when the car is moving but you can pair up to 6 devices and switch between them once they are set up.

Got it sorted, thanks.

I was getting confused between the passkey and the passcode, and there actually is an option to change the passkey. I set that to 0000 and the phone connected without a problem.

Still seems strange though that the phone tries to connect without asking me to enter a code number, maybe this is because the MMCS is recognised by the phone as a 'headset' for Bluetooth purposes ?

Anyway, having got my phone connected, next step is to have a go at getting the Remote Control app working !!!

Back