Boot boxes

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phever

One of the reasons I went for the phev was the size of it as we cart a couple of Labradors around with us wherever we go. However, I'm wondering if anyone has found boxes or alike to fill in the wells either side of the boot? I can see the dogs frequently stumbling into them on the move if I don't put something in them.

Drive carefully - it shouldn't be a problem. We have 2 Nova Scotia Retrievers.
Otherwise, a couple of rolled up towels (which are also used to dry them off) does the trick

I was initially concerned about the same, but only have one laborador. If he's daft enough to fall down one side he'll soon learn to sit in the middle!

And here's a piece of trivial info; while I had the demo car for a weekend I found that a 15 can crate of beer fits perfectly into those recesses at the side of the boot! ;)

I was going to say the same as Phever and Pheverish (great name for a double act!). I was worried before I got the car but I keep the charging lead in the right recess and a large old towel in the left. Not noticed our 2 cockerpoos have a problem yet - and one of them insists on standing the whole time in a car.

The towel doubles up as a bumper guard for when they jump in. Don't rely on the bit of tinfoil that Mitsi sold me as a boot protector!

I've been a bit worried by this too.

We have a Lab, and will probably have 2 by xmas. I intend to get the plastic boot liner/tray, but see the official one just leaves the 2 holes at the sides uncovered, being more or less a straight front to back tray:

As a result, I've found this one which will cover those wells up - I think I'll be getting this one:

Half the price of the official one too, which is an added bonus.

As a result, I've found this one which will cover those wells up - I think I'll be getting this one:
Will need to be pretty rigid surely? Otherwise won't the side 'flaps' will just fold down into the recesses?

Should be firm enough to do the job I need - to discourage nosey faces or digging paws ;)

I'm not expecting it to support any great weight, as I can't see a fully grown Lab squashing itself to either side through choice (famous last words!)

drive carefully... check. now just to get all the wildlife in the area not to run out in front of me, pedestrians to behave impeccably, and eejits thinking they're in the tour de france to cycle considerately!

one of our dogs had a knee reconstructed due to snapping a cruciate ligament. it would be cheaper to get boot boxes made from unicorn horns than go through that again!

will take measurements when i get the car and see what's available online to fill the wells, or get one of the local chippies to make a couple of boxes to fit with a hinged lid so i can put stuff in them.

Back