By -5C the PHEV is not a PHEV any more...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newspaperboy said:
Not wanting to brag, and I'm still experimenting. However I took delivery of GX3h on Monday and after a couple of commutes to and from work at 70% EV managed today to get 100%

By the cosy warm 8C shown on your screen-shot I am also easily getting 100% EV on a 7 mile drive. :)

With the GX3h I assume you have no electric heating,
so you must have had your cabin temperature set to 15C?
In other case your ICE would have been running for sure.

Wait for the north wind.

BTW: Congrats to your car colour. Black is beautiful.
(Mine is black as well, of course.)

yep. Temp set to 15c. ECO Mode on. January will be difficult for sure. But for a short distance. Jumper and gloves should do the trick.

CJ1045 said:
The batteries have their own cooler but not a heater:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7eAom9Hz_c2MUR4bUVIZFdWTmM/view?usp=sharing

CJ
Hi,
I specifically remember the UK manual saying that if the car is left connected to the mains then in very cold temperatures it will use mains to heat the battery. It is too cold to go outside and find the page number in the manual though ...
Remember that if you use the charge timer it stops the car using mains for the preheat (uses pure battery instead, so the keep battery warm option might also be disabled if using charging timer). This is a confirmed bug in the UK.
Kind regards,
Mark

jaapv said:
Actually, if you are in Speed Limit mode it has a double bottom, you run up against a quite pronounced resistance and can push further to override.
However, even if it would solve the safety aspect of "Pure EV", it would not solve the problem of excessive engine wear because of short bursts with cold oil. In fact, it would probably make it worse.
Hi,
My brief tests at flooring the throttle showed the double bottom or kick down mode to be present in normal driving. Pressing past the resistance forces the engine from parrallel mode into serial mode to provide maximum power (at speeds below 74mph).
The car is perfectly able to start from cold and provide full power if you use this kickdown. While it strongly prefers to warm the engine before providing power, using kickdown overrides this warmup. Afterall, you may need immediate and full power to avoid an accident. The car puts your needs before its own (mostly).
Kind regards,
Mark

Newspaperboy said:
Black GX3h regularly down at Crimea Street, or the Washington street car park. Soon to be parked in Cadogan Street once new charging cable arrives.

A bit off topic but which charging cable have you gone for? Any link?

Paule23 said:
Newspaperboy said:
Black GX3h regularly down at Crimea Street, or the Washington street car park. Soon to be parked in Cadogan Street once new charging cable arrives.

A bit off topic but which charging cable have you gone for? Any link?

Try www.evconnectors.com

Back