CAUTION - CHANGING SSID ON PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufo

If anybody does not like the SSID that comes with PHEV for the remote control app. and want to change it, BEWARE!?!

I changed it and it lost connection. Since the remote app gives the option to change the SSID for the wireless network I thought it would only involve selecting “Change SSID” in the remote app and enter the new SSID and then it should work with new SSID.

That’s what I did and lost the connection. Mobile device sees the wireless network with new SSID and connects but when you run remote app. it still tries to connect to the old SSID consequently it doesn’t work. I tried re-registering (hitting the remote key zillions of times and so on) the phone with PHEV, it didn’t work. I tried de-registering and re-registering that didn’t work either.

Then seeing a small footnote in the registration procedure, I cancelled VIN registration on the mobile device and re-registered. That fixed the problem and it started seeing PHEV with the new SSID.

ufo said:
If anybody does not like the SSID that comes with PHEV for the remote control app. and want to change it, BEWARE!?!

I changed it and it lost connection. Since the remote app gives the option to change the SSID for the wireless network I thought it would only involve selecting “Change SSID” in the remote app and enter the new SSID and then it should work with new SSID.

That’s what I did and lost the connection. Mobile device sees the wireless network with new SSID and connects but when you run remote app. it still tries to connect to the old SSID consequently it doesn’t work. I tried re-registering (hitting the remote key zillions of times and so on) the phone with PHEV, it didn’t work. I tried de-registering and re-registering that didn’t work either.

Then seeing a small footnote in the registration procedure, I cancelled VIN registration on the mobile device and re-registered. That fixed the problem and it started seeing PHEV with the new SSID.

I think this is a classic case of YMMV as I have done it numerous times and not had any issues... As expected it will try to connect tot he old SSID, but once you've asked the phone to forget about it then it won't try and connect.

Thanks for your input but I tried that more than onces and it didn't work. Even if you tell the phone to forget the old network and it did, the remote app constantly tried to connect to old network/SSID. I think remote app. does not care what networks/SSIDs are registered on the phone once it connects to the SSID of PHEV successfully always tries to use that SSID regardless of that SSID being recognised/registered by the phone. Only if you de-register VIN number than it looks for available networks during re-registration and picks up the new SSID.

Back