Charging protocol

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any suggestions on the protocol when all of the charger spaces are filled up with EV/PHEV vehicles but none of them are plugged in ? as i witnessed in the local Ikea on bank holiday monday.

Do we need some 'plug in or gtfo' notices to put under offenders wipers :lol:

discorduk said:
Are there any suggestions on the protocol when all of the charger spaces are filled up with EV/PHEV vehicles but none of them are plugged in ? as i witnessed in the local Ikea on bank holiday monday.

Ultimately, it's up to Ikea to set and enforce the rules - possibly worth sending an email to the marketing manager?

discorduk said:

Just make sure before you remonstrate that the charger is actually working ... i've parked for a charge before finding out that the thing was broken. Didn't make sense to move it or leave it plugged in ...

I always leave a note saying what time I expect to be charged. I often park at Ikea and the queues inside mean you can be gone for 30 mins on a short stop. If I charge there I can make the round trip with no fuel.

I don't be grudge a pure EV using a charger before me, but I did Park at leeds arena the other day, they have 10 charging spots, all were IECed, I don't have a type two cable so no biggie, but there was a leaf driver that has parked on a shaded space by a cupboard and run his cable over a parked petrol car.

Apparently the council will not stop people using the spaces as its a busy carpark and they need the money.

See the Chargebump app (www.chargebump.com) written by the guy who runes speakev.com - it's a great idea but needs critical mass. I have printed and laminated an A5 note to put in my window if I ever leave the car charging - which I have not done yet as I've not had it long enough.

Back