Charging time

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chindley

Had my PHEV delivered yesterday with completely flat battery, car would only run on ICE, so put it on charge with the charge master socket, I was surprised that it was fully charged in 2.5 hours and showing 31 miles. Is that normal time for a full charge.?

pretty much, yep. 3 hours is my worst on 16A (from totally drained ie using some of the reserve it has built in) but 2.5hrs from empty is normal on 16A. Compared to my worst 5.3 hours on 3 pin UK @ 10A.

ufo said:
Yep it takes app. 5.1/2 hours with 10 Amp which is the only option in AU :x

Why would that be your only option? What's to stop you having a 16A charging unit fitted to your house? OK you might have to import one, but there's nothing to stop you.

dmd said:
ufo said:
Yep it takes app. 5.1/2 hours with 10 Amp which is the only option in AU :x

Why would that be your only option? What's to stop you having a 16A charging unit fitted to your house? OK you might have to import one, but there's nothing to stop you.

Yes you're right, I would have to import which would be too costly. PHEV sales in AU are minuscule and there are no aftermarket chargers or offers from Electricity companies. Number of public charge points is even more miniscule. Concept of installing charge points to the properties doesn’t exist even solar energy is not that widely used. My frustration is directed to MM for not supplying a 16 Amp charger/cable with the vehicle at least as an option. We don’t even have second high capacity charge socket in charging port on PHEV but it is on most of the pictures in user’s manual.

Back