Charging warning light.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marksuk

Why is it the charging light in the dash is then lit when you open a door and then goes out when you close it, this happens on any door, it is when the car is not on charge and "in use". Nothing else seems amiss?

Are you sure it is the charge light? My phev has a door open light which is also red and could be mistaken for the charge light ( perhaps, if you don't look properly, and/or have poor eyesight)

The charge light is light blue, the door open light is something different and red and works just as I would expect, am I missing something obvious here :)

Marksuk said:
The charge light is light blue, the door open light is something different and red and works just as I would expect, am I missing something obvious here :)
Bit confused now as to what light you mean. My charge light (the one lit when a charge is in progress) is red. And the "battery not charging" warning is also red. What light blue light are you referring to?

Let me explain. If you go out in the car, then park up. Go for a "walk". Come back to the car and open the door the light comes on, shut the door and it goes off, it might be something really obvious that I just dont get.
The car is not being charged or running.
I googled a quick image search and it looks quite similar to this.

charge.jpg

Marksuk said:
Let me explain. If you go out in the car, then park up. Go for a "walk". Come back to the car and open the door the light comes on, shut the door and it goes off, it might be something really obvious that I just dont get.
The car is not being charged or running.
I googled a quick image search and it looks quite similar to this.

charge.jpg
I think it is just the car telling you it is thirsty....;)

Hypermiler said:
Is that the light between the dials that reminds you to plug in? It seems to come on fairly randomly in my car...
H

It comes on when the car has been recently charged and has ample charge so I am clueless TBH. It will be something stupid :)

But that's only supposed to tell you how long to complete a charge when you're plugged in. And it's red! Well, it is on my car. Sounds a weird fault you have there.

Is it perhaps just to indicate that its an electric car? Or alternatively that it is NOT plugged in?

Its OK now, I just cycled through the drivers display with the car switched off as it says in the manual and it has now reverted back to the green petals symbol as it was. Sorted. :)

Back