Company tax saving for leased Outlander PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The £500 3 year service is not really needed IMO
While you need the car serviced as stated the Lease T&C's, they can't hold you to have to having Mitsubishi stamps.
As long as Mitsubishi approved parts are used, then under EU law, you are free to use any garage you like.
I would guess a cheaper garage could be found - but at the end of the day.. your boss is paying :eek:D

That, to my mind, is an illusion. A third party is totally unable to service this car. They don't have access to the diagnostic computer programs, nor the specific knowledge. This is not a car of the era of grease monkeys any more.

jaapv said:
That, to my mind, is an illusion. A third party is totally unable to service this car. They don't have access to the diagnostic computer programs, nor the specific knowledge. This is not a car of the era of grease monkeys any more.

I think you would find it difficult to get any third party to touch it. I checked several independent garages for our Prius and all refused point blank to even open the bonnet. It's a Health and Safety thing as much as anything else - nasty voltages floating around and an unwillingness to risk dead employees. I was only actually looking for someone to do an oil change service - the car is sufficiently old that it has really transitioned into a "run it into the ground" mode.

I guess that if, some time in the future, a large enough proportion of cars on the road have all gone hybrid or pure electric, then they will have to adapt or go out of business. At the moment, the proportion is small and it is easier to simply refuse to touch that niche market.

getting a bit off topic, but I largely agree with maby and with jaapv, although we've used an independent for our Prius but only for straightforward things like brakes (we've never had an electrical/battery/hybrid system problem with it in around 140K miles).

With the PHEV, by the time I would be willing to stray from the Mitsu garage, maybe other garages will have had some experience. But I suspect we would mainly be using them for little things like bulbs and tyres.
H

The car has to be connected to the factory by Internet for data transfer and the latest updates. I cannot see how a non- Mitsubishi garage could do this.

jaapv said:
The car has to be connected to the factory by Internet for data transfer and the latest updates. I cannot see how a non- Mitsubishi garage could do this.

Who knows! It did used to be that cars needed manufacturers service stamp to keep up the warranty, etc.
EU put a stop to this as unfair competition.

I guess its the risk you take.

If I was purchasing, then its a no brainer.
If I was leasing - well... when the lease is up, I wont be seeing the car again.....

I also assume only franchise garages are in a position to offer the service deal + its easy enough to negotiate a tank of petrol with them compared to something ordered over the net where there is no face to face negotiations, cant offer the service pack & prob not the tank of petrol either.

Back