Creep?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjs104

Does the PHEV creep forward if you stop in traffic say and take your foot off the break - like a "normal" automatic car does?

Just curious really...,

And, just a reminder if you are getting a GX4HS don't you have to be a bit careful it doesn't pull away on its own when you have stopped at a junction in certain circumstances when using the adaptive cc - seem to remember seeing that somewhere...
H

The scary thing about ACC is that when the car comes to an automatic full stop, after about 1 sec it will release the ACC and start moving again, unless you hit the brake in time.

Regardless of whether there is still a car in the way?! That seems like a bit of a design flaw - but one that could presumably be fixed with a software update...

I believe it wouldn't do that if there was a car directly in front, but if you were first in the queue at a roundabout or junction you might pull out into someone's path. Sounds like it would be easy to cure, yes.
H

rjs104 said:
Regardless of whether there is still a car in the way?! That seems like a bit of a design flaw - but one that could presumably be fixed with a software update...
Especially if there is a car stationary in front as that is the situation where ACC will bring the car to a standstill: when the car it is following stops. Otherwise it will disengage under 25. MpH and the situation will not occur.
Presumable FCM would have applied the brakes again to prevent a collision, but I did not wait to try it out.
It was a bit of a surprise...

Hypermiler said:
I believe it wouldn't do that if there was a car directly in front, but if you were first in the queue at a roundabout or junction you might pull out into someone's path. Sounds like it would be easy to cure, yes.
H
That is exactly when it will do that unfortunately... The cure Is indeed simple: if it comes to a standstill under ACC it should engage Neutral automatically.

rjs104 said:
Does the PHEV creep forward if you stop in traffic say and take your foot off the break - like a "normal" automatic car does?

Just curious really...,
Did you order it without test driving it?

No I did test drive - but forgot about this aspect. Didn't really think about it at the time (good sign) and it was only on reflection that got me thinking.

R

Back