Dealer making VED Charge?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davec

The sales order for my new GX3h shows a VED charge of £55 which I have queried with the dealer as clearly I believed the car to be zero rated for VED. The response is that this is a Government charge for registering the car with DVLA whether it is road tax free or not. I would call that a 'registration fee' which I would have thought should have been included in the 'on the road price' that was agreed.

What have others here been charged?

On our invoice it is shown as "REG FEE £55.00". It appears to be an extra over and above the originally quoted price - I honestly don't remember the quoted price down to the last few hundred pounds...

Yep, it's the government first reg fee. Applies to all cars regardless of VED rate.

I can accept that mats and petrol should be negotiated at time of purchase and not automatically expected, but I'd be pi$$3d off if the £55 was added on to what was agreed. As the OP states, the OTR price should be exactly that.

I'd be politely querying that with the dealer.

I've just queried this today with the dealer. I was told it is the reg fee. It's shown separately on my invoice but is included in the OTR price.

Back