Delivery dates and VINs

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy123

Ordered my GX4hs last weekend, and the dealer said "March delivery". He's given me the VIN, so I had assumed it must be wandering round the country somewhere. Then I saw someone else talking about a boat not docking etc, so that would suggest the country isn't awash with Outlander Phevs.

Can the dealer give me a VIN for a car that's not been imported yet, or have I just struck lucky that there's one the right colour and model knocking about somewhere?

So when does the car get its VIN? Is that on the boat (pick a boat, any boat)? Or is it when it's landed? And how d'you know it's landed?

the delivery ship left bristol saturday heading to antwerp next point of call of the vehicles must be offloaded in port waiting either transport to a central hub or farmed out from there to dealerships, one has my name on it, hoping to get delivery within ten days.

already forgotten what the various b settings were and how to set off etc with the new start button, will use a disklookhttp://www.disklokuk.co.uk/ to prevent these smart theives nicking it with a smartphone/laptop.

we followed the boat via the live shipping maps on the internet.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/

andy

the dealer can tell from his computer if your motor is on there it will shown which models and coluors on board and which ones are reserved by various dealers and how many unallocated.

Thanks - the answer is that it must have been, as it arrived today. Not going to pick it up til 1 March though, as I'm away for the next two weekends, so the earliest would be 28 Feb - may as well get the 15 plate.

Our "car guy" went out to get me a GX4h for work and came back and said he can get me a new grey or a black one from stock at a mitsubishi dealer?

Back