driving experience - Nissan Leaf Vs. Mitsubishi Outlander PH

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

Hi ,

Today I made test-drive with both of this cars.
I enjoyed both.

But I think that the driving experience with the Nissan Leaf is much better.
It is very stable, very accurate, and performance are like an excellent sport car.

I will not buy Nissan Leaf because of the Range Anxiety.
But the driving experience is superior.

I tend to prefer the Outlander PHEV, also because we like SUV.

Just would like to know if people here agree with me about the driving experience.

Thank you.

Well, I own both a Leaf and a Outlander and it's a bit like comparing apples and oranges. The Outlander is proper family car and the Leaf is a "run around town" car.

The Leaf has alot of clever features the Outlander could learn from. The touch screen interface is way better on the Leaf. Also the performance off the line is better in the Leaf.

The Outlander is by far more practical.

But you don't get stranded at an Ikea with your PHEV!.....

Was at Gateshead's Ikea Sunday, and spotted both a Leaf and a Renault ZOE in the charge point spaces.

Both drivers standing there with VERY worried looks on their faces as the fast charge point was out of order!!!!

Goldfinger said:
But you don't get stranded at an Ikea with your PHEV!.....

Was at Gateshead's Ikea Sunday, and spotted both a Leaf and a Renault ZOE in the charge point spaces.

Both drivers standing there with VERY worried looks on their faces as the fast charge point was out of order!!!!

Interesting - could be an argument that in the absence of an advertised feature they had used to entice customers to the store that IKEA has an obligation to provide a backup e.g. at least plug in to a 3pin socket. (Rubs his lawyer hands with glee :lol: )

Im a good person to help with this - I own both.

I have had a Leaf since June 2014 and covered 16500 miles in it.
I have had an Outlander since March 2015 and covered 3000 miles

Firstly a bit about our usage -
I am 25 miles from my place of work and they provide a podpoint charger for my use.
My wife drives between 30 and 70 miles a day but relies on just the home charger

The Leaf is the most comfy car I have ever driven and the easiest car ive ever driven. Its also one of the quickest from the lights (ok, just for 50 yards)!!
The Outlander rivals any 4x4 I have driven in quality and ride and provides the space needed for an active family. It can get expensive if you have the heater on though! I have a 3h

The car choice we make daily is based on circumstances. If my wife is doing less than 30 miles a day she takes the Outlander, if more than 30 and less than 70 she takes the Leaf. As I charge at work it doesn’t really matter what I take and I can honestly say I don’t mind as they are both very good cars.

Range Anxiety on the Leaf…maybe, but just plan ahead and if you have access to two cars its easy.

Last month between us we only spent about £20 on petrol and we cover a fair few miles.

Back