Emergency Boost Battery

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthspace

I have purchased one of these, having had a "flat" battery once (for no known reason!) I did'nt want to get stuck again. I have put it in a wash-bag and it can stay in the car under the rear floorboard.

Useful to charge mobiles or iPads in the car as well.

£28 postage paid (eBay).

Jeff

-----------------------------------------------

Floureon 480A Peak Jump Starter 12000mAh Power Bank For Mobile Phones and Tablets with Flashlight for SOS

Features
1.High capacity & Compatibility: This Jump Starter offers 12000 mAh high capacity and 480 A peak current to start 12V vehicles up to 5L gas or 3.5L diesel engine.

2.Multi-function:Starting vehicles,charging for mobile phones,tablets or other USB gadgets,illumination(strong LED flashlight),warning (red warning light), four functions can be achieved with this product.

3.Multiple output port: Three USB ports make it possible to charge three devices simultaneously. 12V output port provides power for car-carried refrigerator.

4.Portable:Its small size makes it easy to be stored in the glove compartment of your vehicle.Its light weight also allows for convenient carrying.

5.Safety assurance: Four rubber mats can protect it from crashing. Outstanding integrated protection system can protect it from over load, over charge, over discharge, drain back and short current. CE, FCC, RoHS approved.

Description
• Support emergency starting a 12V vehicle(up to 5L gas or 3.5L diesel engine) when no power in hiking travel ,with more than 1000 times of cycle charging and discharging.
• You don’t need to worry about your devices being out of battery. It can be a battery charger for your mobile phones, tablets. Three USB devices can be charged in the same time.
• Its small size and light weight make it easy to be carried or stored in the car.

Single click the power button, the capacity indicator will show you the residual capacity of battery through four discrete lights. Double click the button to turn on the red warning light. Press it for seconds,the LED light will light up. If you want to shift its modes,you just need to click the button once again after previous operation.

Specifications:
Brand: FLOUREON®
Battery: Li-Polymer
Real Capacity: 12000mAh
Color: Black
Product Input: 15V/1A
Product Output: 5V-2A,12V-5A
USB: Three USB Output
Start current: 300A
Peak current: 480A
Applicable temperature range: -20℃-60℃
Certification: CE, FCC, RoHS

Package Content:
1x FLOUREON Jump Starter
1 Pair x Battery clamps
1x Car charger
1x micro USB cable
1x AC Power Charger adapter
1x User manual

Booster20Connections.jpg

Booster20Kit.jpg

2d261d97-59f8-42a0-99ee-1daf4a727db8.jpg

It says it will - but what it says it can and what it can do is anyones guess (at the moment) :)

"Support emergency starting a 12V vehicle (up to 5L gas or 3.5L diesel engine) . . . . . . "

I bought one like this to charge my mobile / kindle etc - would never have thiought to use for the car...mind you - mine is pink and looks like a marital aid - just as well it doesnt vibrate!!

jthspace said:
It says it will - but what it says it can and what it can do is anyones guess (at the moment) :)

"Support emergency starting a 12V vehicle (up to 5L gas or 3.5L diesel engine) . . . . . . "
I think the clue is in "support" It will probably produce a bit of a boost if the main battery is just below critical level. But for the PHEV it is more than plenty. :)

jaapv said:
Nice for the PHEV. But I rather doubt that one will be able to start a combustion-engined car with this.

You better believe it!

These things do in fact pack a punch. That red box in the positive line is actually a 200A fuse, and it IS possible to blow it.

They would be good to carry and put some life into the aux battery when required, however, I have found that they self discharge over a few months and are really not "leave and forget" devices.

These battery devices have a habit of going flat over time in a glove box. I have a LiFePO 4 cell battery that I use for all sorts of 12V applications No internal gizmos to make it go flat. Has served me well for a couple of years now. Have not had to jump the PHEV as yet, but was great to run the tyre pump. Mine is 4.8Ah.

SolarBoy said:
Just got shouted at by the other half for googling at this product :lol:

Can the OP give me a link to his price? Ta!

Well, at least it wasn't a site that would cause too much grief if found out.

It could have been Aliexpress or, even worse, a car site.

jthspace said:
SolarBoy said:
Just got shouted at by the other half for googling at this product :lol:

Can the OP give me a link to his price? Ta!

Well, at least it wasn't a site that would cause too much grief if found out.

It could have been Aliexpress or, even worse, a car site.

Aliexpress .... daily packets through the door .... the Mrs buying all sorts of tat, er, sorry I mean high quality not-knock-off goods.

She's pleased I have a hobby ... and knows where I am.

These gadget batteries need to be charged every month or so. Leave them in the glove box and for sure when you need it, it will be flat. The LiFePo battery I use, only has leads on it, no other gadgets. The gadgets are OK if you use them for other applications and hence monitor the charge and keep them recharged.

jthspace said:
I have purchased one of these, having had a "flat" battery once (for no known reason!) I did'nt want to get stuck again. I have put it in a wash-bag and it can stay in the car under the rear floorboard.

If you have a flat battery, just wondering what route will you take to under the rear floorboard?

JimB

gwatpe said:
These gadget batteries need to be charged every month or so. Leave them in the glove box and for sure when you need it, it will be flat. The LiFePo battery I use, only has leads on it, no other gadgets. The gadgets are OK if you use them for other applications and hence monitor the charge and keep them recharged.

Lithium batteries, whether lipo, Life or any other variant, have a very low rate of self discharge and do not need to be charged every month if they are otherwise unused.

I doubt if they need to be recharged once a year although that would be a usable period.

JimB

Claymore said:
jthspace said:

If you have a flat battery, just wondering what route will you take to under the rear floorboard?

JimB
Just fold the seat and slither :twisted: :lol:

jaapv said:
Nice for the PHEV. But I rather doubt that one will be able to start a combustion-engined car with this.

They will happily jump start an ICE no problem. Have used one to do that a couple of times now. They do self-discharge so I have sent a calendar reminder in my phone for every 3 months to dig it out of the car and recharge it. It is part of my bug-out bag in the car along with a couple of museli bars, hat, fleece and pair of longjohns, and a first aid kit. Have raided that bag a number of times over the years when cold/hungry/jump starting some person on the side of the road situations... yet to use the first aid - thank goodness!

Claymore said:
gwatpe said:

Lithium batteries, whether lipo, Life or any other variant, have a very low rate of self discharge and do not need to be charged every month if they are otherwise unused.

I doubt if they need to be recharged once a year although that would be a usable period.

JimB

The self discharge rate you mention is for a battery with nothing connected to it. These gadgets have a low consumption cct connected all the time and hence need recharging more often than just the self discharge rate requirement. I will keep my 4cell battery with no gadget for the moment. I recharge with a monitoring and equalization system, and I doubt you get this for the money you pay for a jump start pack.

I thought the auxiliary battery charged from the traction battery every day at 1400 or some such?

Why would you need this back-up battery when there is all that power sitting there waiting to be used?

Back