Emergency Starting, Auxiliary Battery and Accessory Sockets

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up my new GX3h+ today and while the dealer was going through the instructions on the car with me he specifically pointed out the bracket Claymore has shown in the photographs above. He said this bracket or any a bolt on the engine are good points to attach the negative cable coming from the other cars battery. He also stressed that using the PHEV to attempt to jump start an ICE car was not to be attempted, I forgot to ask about helping another Outlander PHEV. I have actually purchased the very same Jump Starter that Claymore has, I figure that if another car needs starting I will have the Jump Stater now so I will still be able to assist by using the Jump Starter. Hopefully I will never need to use it on the Outlander but at least I know if the battery ever does go flat I can now rescue myself as well as almost any other car.

phevark said:
....while the dealer was going through the instructions on the car with me he specifically pointed out the bracket Claymore has shown in the photographs above. He said this bracket or any a bolt on the engine are good points to attach the negative cable coming from the other cars battery. .

Thanks phevark....seems like we're good to go....and that jumpstart should have enough power to help quite a few more needy motors.

JimB

Hello all. Just had my 4h phev delivered today. Was fine at 10am when I moved it 20 yards into a car park space at work. Had approx 3/4 left of drive battery. Went to drive home at 4pm and everything totally dead. Assuming I somehow flattened the aux battery in those 6hrs but no idea how ? Suspect didnt lock doors as still open. Not the best start to ownership. Sounds like i need to buy a battery pack. Your link no longer works Jim. Great info though cheers

Follow up to previous post. I was convinced my Aux battery was dead when I measured only 1.58V across the jumper terminals (assuming this should be 12v)

Jumped it no problem and took straight to dealer who said this is a very common occurrence, where newbies accidentally leave car in aux mode and aux battery goes flat.
He said he has seen same thing on numerous occasions and never had to replace an aux battery.

I was very surprised that the battery would recover from such a low voltage but pleased to say it has been fine ever since and I'm loving the new car.

Cheers Simon

Dayko said:
Follow up to previous post. I was convinced my Aux battery was dead when I measured only 1.58V across the jumper terminals (assuming this should be 12v)

Jumped it no problem and took straight to dealer who said this is a very common occurrence, where newbies accidentally leave car in aux mode and aux battery goes flat.
He said he has seen same thing on numerous occasions and never had to replace an aux battery.

I was very surprised that the battery would recover from such a low voltage but pleased to say it has been fine ever since and I'm loving the new car.

Cheers Simon

I would think that it has done the auxiliary battery a lot of no good, but in practice it really does not need a lot of power to boot the car up. You may find that it does not cope so well with long periods unused as the burglar alarm will be drawing the battery down.

Back