Front fog lamps/ daytime running lamp

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all
Just wondering whether any of us newish owners in the UK have yet taken the plunge and upgraded their drls or cowl - either with Mitsu ones or something similar to those above. Cost, supplier, recommendations or warnings? It isn't something we would do as a diy, but we have a friendly independent local garage who wouldn't charge much if it is a quick job...
Thanks
H

Hi,
I got my dealer to fit the Mitsubishi DRL's for when I collected. List at £300, I got a not very generous 10% discount, and got the original units back as spares. Pretty happy with them and the lack of hassle.
I understand that the fitting of the units is actually very easy from previous postings, pretty much plug and play.
Kind regards,
Mark

Just wondering whether any of us newish owners in the UK have yet taken the plunge and upgraded their drls or cowl
Despite a fairly extensive interweb search I haven't come up with any new alternatives which are claimed to be suitable for the PHEV. And with this car I'm more nervous than I might otherwise be about experimenting.

It would be great to try something like this (although I'm not sure I want to be the first!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e-IlossZBk

The DRL/Fogs could be 'downgraded to just fogs.

Aussie cars don't come with DRLs, though fuse #4 is fitted. Neither are *normal* outlanders fitted with DRLs. The DRLs available in Europe don't even appear on the Aussie Mitsu website. Any reason why?

Gabe said:
Aussie cars don't come with DRLs, though fuse #4 is fitted. Neither are *normal* outlanders fitted with DRLs. The DRLs available in Europe don't even appear on the Aussie Mitsu website. Any reason why?

I'm glad Gabe pointed that out... Could anyone post a pic of what you're talking about?

maddogsetc said:
Gurio, have a look at page 4 of this thread, at the bottom - pics posted by krouebi.

Got it! I must admit, I like yours better... Shame I can't post pics from the ipad, otherwise I would post up ours, but it will have to wait until I'm on my big computer.

Gabe said:

So, will pulling fuse #4 disable the DRLs without affecting anything else? They seem like a stupid idea to me!

maby said:
Gabe said:

So, will pulling fuse #4 disable the DRLs without affecting anything else? They seem like a stupid idea to me!
There's nothing like trying ;)

came across this video of how to change the plain bulb DRLs for the Mitsubishi LED version. looks simple. Jump to 2m30s in the video. Its in dutch but its easy enough to follow. will take the plunge shortly...but as its a lease car i will hold on to originals to swap back before i hand back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsXHUNTuDpI

Please can somebody confirm the DRL bulb type as fitted on UK cars?

I've just swapped my Subaru side lights for LED's for £4 the pair and would like to know the bulb type in case I can do the same with the PHEV in a few weeks time ;)

Thank you

Sadly it's not that simple on the outlander. The bulb has a P13W socket but the aftermarket LED bulbs ar to big to fit in the housing. As far as I know nobody has found a LED bulb that fits, I have done a few attempts myself.

Fragge said:
Sadly it's not that simple on the outlander. The bulb has a P13W socket but the aftermarket LED bulbs ar to big to fit in the housing. As far as I know nobody has found a LED bulb that fits, I have done a few attempts myself.
We had the same problem with our Nissan Leaf : aftermarket P13W LED bulbs would not fit and housings needed a lot of milling with a Dremel tool (or equivalent).
Still expecting PHEV delivery, will post my own findings on this subject asap.

I found these that looks like the might fit, the look a bit narrower than other ones I have seen.
Try at own risk though, I have NOT tried them.
If you try them please report the results.
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Chevy-Camaro-RS-SS-DRL-P13W-LED-Fog-Bulbs-p/40-042.htm

If you really don't like running with the DRL's on, just switch the sidelights on. The DRL's go off. Don't know what uses most power - DRL's I would think. Anyone know, without trawling through the idiot's guide, er, manual?

According to the book, they are all on their own on fuse F4 - pull it and they should go away. I was going to, but in the end I gritted my teeth and handed Mitsubishi an extra 200-odd quid for LED DRLs.

This just reinforces my gripe with them about the ridiculous sensitivity of the automatic lighting controller. I have bright DRLs that I didn't really want, and they still insist on turning on the headlights every time the sun pops behind a cloud!

This just reinforces my gripe with them about the ridiculous sensitivity of the automatic lighting controller. I have bright DRLs that I didn't really want, and they still insist on turning on the headlights every time the sun pops behind a cloud!

OK call me a dinasour if you wish, but why can't you turn on your headlights when needed? The DRL's mean you dont have to worry about headlights until its dark(ish).

edited by mods - quote fixed for clarity!

Back