Headlamp beam adjustment

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowrunner

Hi,
I am going to France soon with a UK rhd car. Have looked through the manual but can't find how to set the beam to not blind oncoming traffic. (Well, no more so than usual!)

Any ideas?

jaapv said:
If you have HID lights you cannot - nor need to- adjust your lights or use conversion stickers.
I always wondered how the car knows it has to adjust the HIDs to the LHS driving? In other topics people shared their experience going for the UK to the continent and seeing no adjustment and blinding oncoming traffic as a result.

It doesn't. It is supposed to be non-blinding to either side of the road. When driving in the UK I never get flashed for my lights. If they get flashed on the Continent the lights are probably poorly adjusted in the first place, or they are using HID bulbs in light units not designed for them.

thanks for the replies - sorry for the delay, as I did in fact head off to La France.

So it seems its set to be equally blinding to oncoming british or french drivers. To be fair, on a perfectly flat road without accelarating its OK - obviously Mitsu didn't expect anyone to go over bumps, or ever accelerate !

I spoke about this to an official dealer. He said a lot of people complain about it, but they can't fix it, because Mitsubishi have not released to them any documentation on how to do this. They guy otherwise seemed to be very knowledgable about PHEV.

Back