Heads up regarding Mitsubishi Pre paid service plans.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJM

Hello,

Just recieved a call from the servicing dealer for my Phev as it was in for its second service, 2014 model 15,00 miles. They have advised me that my prepaid service plan has been cancelled by Mitsubishi UK and that I would have to pay for a service due to me not having brought the car in for service on time.

My car had its first service in December 15 so should have been in Dec 16 which is entirely my fault but I was not aware that Mitsubishi would cancel the plan.

This is the first time I have had a prepaid service plan , always paid for my services as I went so was blissfully unaware that the penalty for not bringing the car in on time was forfeiture of the policy and the money I have paid them already.

Mitsubishi UK completely unhelpful and just stated terms and conditions , which I understand to a degree as it was my fault for not bringing the car in on time but felt that at some point I should have had it pointed out that the plan would be cancelled in that event.

Posting this for people who may have the same plan and hopefully will not make same mistake I have.

Regards
KM

I'm surprised nobody contacted you to remind you your service was due - I used to get bombarded with reminders from every LR dealer I ever dealt with before service was due but then again I never prepaid so maybe chasing for money vs letting you miss and losing what you paid is a factor here - I would be upset in your position too :evil:

Hi,

The dealer did remind me via text that the service was due, it was my fault for not taking it in but I was not aware that my plan would be completely cancelled if I missed the window by only a month

I did not receive the full terms and conditions detailing that eventuality and the salesperson did not advise me at point of sale, I have never had a pre paid plan before so could not know that that is what can happen.

I am writing to Mitsubishi to ask about this as I feel they should at least highlight that you must adhere rigidly to their time frame or you will lose your entire service plan. I accept responsibility for not getting it to the dealer in time but think I should have been advised either verbally or by being given a proper hard copy of their terms and conditions.

I hope my post will help others to not fall into the same situation.

Best Regards

Thanks for making us aware , but the car should tell you when the service is due and will flash up every time you start. I have a service plan, but on PCP so I drop my car and get a replacement till I am free to come back.

Back