How many kWhr for a full charge?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemgreen

Approximately how much does a full charge at home cost (kWhr or £)?

Want to understand how much you'd save on a 100 mile journey if you start full charged vs no charge

Thanks

Nigel

anko said:
Phever said:
12 and a bit kW from flat by my reckoning.
Max 70 or 74% of 12 kWh capacity is used (8.4 kWh). If you manage to get in 12, you suffer huge losses :geek:

are you arguing with the exact science that is chargevision?

sorry anko, was a joke. chargevision web portal comes with some of the charge points in the uk, and most people think the algorithm for metering electricity is made of fairy dust and unicorn horn!

this was what i was basing my 12 and a bit from.

Phever said:
12 and a bit kW from flat by my reckoning.

The answer is "between 9 and 10 kWh". Voilà.

For me, until today, it's between 9 and 9.5, never more ...(measured with a MID compliant counter).

The first time I ran the batteries down as far as I could (the charge indicator had a single blue line on the dash) I had driven about 29 miles and then, according to the Maplin plugin power meter, I charged 10.6kWh - factor in some loss and that's 10kW with about 25% "hidden" capacity remaining, which seems about right.

Phever said:
sorry anko, was a joke. chargevision web portal comes with some of the charge points in the uk, and most people think the algorithm for metering electricity is made of fairy dust and unicorn horn!

this was what i was basing my 12 and a bit from.
So it was a cultural issue then. Thanks for clarifying! :lol:

PeterGalbavy said:
The first time I ran the batteries down as far as I could (the charge indicator had a single blue line on the dash) I had driven about 29 miles and then, according to the Maplin plugin power meter, I charged 10.6kWh - factor in some loss and that's 10kW with about 25% "hidden" capacity remaining, which seems about right.

Hmmm ... "Maplin plugin power meter" is not MID compliant, is it ?

Anyway, I believe that in some circumstances, we can reach 10 kWh, with only 25 % of SOC at the beginning.

It explanes why the best answer is "between 9 and 10" ;)

Don't know what's going on with mine then as mine never gets below 32% charge, and never uses more than 8.5kWh. Normally it's about 8kWh.

My current plan is 12.642p/kWh. Losses are very small, and I've seen a monthly increase of just about £30/month increase over last year before I had the car.

Another 10kWh (10.28 according to a different plug-in meter, this time an Efergy Ego) overnight after late night driving. Economy 7 @ 4p/kWh FTW too :)

Interestingly the car said 5:30 to charge when I started but the meter showed it finished around an hour quicker. 2.4kWh drawn almost all the way through. I guess I have a good 240V supply.

(I got home at 1am and put the cable over the pavement under the rubber protector as usual, but this time I went to bed - I live in a quiet part of suburban North London)

To backup the "between 9 and 10" answer, mine measures 9.7kWh using the digital meter installed with the charging point.

If you are paying 12p +5% VAT per unit of electricity at home, your running costs are equivalent to 25p a litre of diesel if you get 27 -28 miles per charge.
The Outlander is ideal for daily, low mileage running. It copes with my large trailer, but runs the battery down a lot quicker than without it. Thats to be expected!

Sorry - I forgot to mention that I was comparing it to the cost of running my previous car which was a Kia Sedona 2.9TD manual at £1.20 ish per litre.

Back