I love my PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa6363

My wife treated me for my birthday to a sparkling new Amethyst Black GX3H.
And yes I am in love with it (and my wife). After driving a Jeep for the last 7 years this vehicle is a revelation.
I love it's handling and even the fact that it's part Electric doesn't matter it's quick and boy does it handle my local country roads well.

My downside is why Mitsubishi designed this car with leather seats but no app to warm up in cold weather. Yes if you have the model up you get heated seats and an app to warm the car up in advance, Surely owners of the GX4H don't need both.
I think owners of the GX3H should start a petition to have the app retro added or at least heated seats.
My journey to work is exactly 12 miles (24 round trip) But this would mean that I will have to use the engine whilst driving to warm up. Which in a way defeats the object of a low carbon fuel efficient car.

It's not just a case of "adding the app", I'm afraid - there are significant components missing from the GX3 required to support electric heating. Retro-fitting them would be a significant amount of work and would cost a significant fraction of the price difference between a GX3 and GX4.

As the weather improves you will use the engine less and the battery more. Personally I find above 8 degrees (outside temperature) is a point where the engine is used less. Search this forum as there are various methods to acheive less engine use.
There are many factors that affect the engine running but I find heating and outside temperature to be the main factors. :)

maby said:
It's not just a case of "adding the app", I'm afraid - there are significant components missing from the GX3 required to support electric heating. Retro-fitting them would be a significant amount of work and would cost a significant fraction of the price difference between a GX3 and GX4.

Never had (or wanted) a car with leather seats but I would have thought retro fitting of a heated seat would be possible

greendwarf said:
maby said:

Never had (or wanted) a car with leather seats but I would have thought retro fitting of a heated seat would be possible

I was referring to retrofitting the app - that controls the electric heater, not the heated seats. The electric heater is a complex system and would be expensive to retrofit.

Back