Inbound Ships for November UK Deliveries

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ozukus, similarly confused, as my dealer has told me the car is now in stock and will be delivering it to my shortly. Totally confused and I look very foolish following some random boat around the world?

Agree, followed that darn ship all the way from Singapore to Lebanon, Egypt, Greece, Italy, Spain, Morocco, Belgium, Germany and then back to Belgium.

On another note though the free Nissan Leaf test drive has proved interesting and proved that my charging station does work.

Must say that if it had a low end range of 120 miles instead of a top end of 120 (under perfect conditions) and it looked better would consider an all electric in the future. My fear with the current version would be the "Range Anxiety" I would encounter for my commutes to the office a few times a week with a 64 mile return, as with a full charge it hasn't shown above 78 so far.

I have joined the boat watching club as due a grey GX4h middle of December. According to 'Vessel Fnder' Capricornus is now due in at Southampton 23:00 today. :D

So during the wait for my PHEV the experience of testing the Nissan Leaf for a week continues.

Today was D-Day, my first commute to the office.

Left this morning with 100% charge into a nicely pre-heated car with 83 mile range showing on the clock, all seemed good for my 64 round trip.

Drove the 32 miles to the office and the range reduced to 49 which wasn't bad 34 versus 32 seems OK.

However the battery capacity hasn't dropped comparatively and shows 53%.

I now have "RANGE ANXIETY", which do I believe the 49 mile range left or the 53% :?

Ozukus said:
I now have "RANGE ANXIETY", which do I believe the 49 mile range left or the 53% :?
The remaining battery percentage is the accurate figure. The predicted remaining range, or GOM (Guess-O-Meter) in EV slang, is a best guess based on your driving style, road & weather conditions, etc. over the journey. It is a very subjective estimate of potential range.

If an outward trip was at modest speeds in good weather conditions without excessive heater, aircon, wipers, seat heating, etc., etc. then the range estimate will be quite optimistic. If the return trip is under more demanding conditions, then more battery will be consumed and the range estimate could be unduly optimistic.

Nevertheless, a 64 mile round trip should be very doable in a new model LEAF. Motorway speeds really hit the range however.

Ozukus said:
Agree, followed that darn ship all the way from Singapore to Lebanon, Egypt, Greece, Italy, Spain, Morocco, Belgium, Germany and then back to Belgium.

On another note though the free Nissan Leaf test drive has proved interesting and proved that my charging station does work.

Must say that if it had a low end range of 120 miles instead of a top end of 120 (under perfect conditions) and it looked better would consider an all electric in the future. My fear with the current version would be the "Range Anxiety" I would encounter for my commutes to the office a few times a week with a 64 mile return, as with a full charge it hasn't shown above 78 so far.
In cold weather, headwinds, lights, wiper, heater, etc you'd be lucky to get 60 miles of range especially if you have a substantial piece of 60-70 MpH on the motorway. If you are looking at a smaller option the BMW i3 with a rangeextender would appear to be the better choice.

jaapv said:
In cold weather, headwinds, lights, wiper, heater, etc you'd be lucky to get 60 miles of range especially if you have a substantial piece of 60-70 MpH on the motorway. If you are looking at a smaller option the BMW i3 with a rangeextender would appear to be the better choice.

Only thing with the BMW i3 is that compared to the Leaf, it makes the Leaf look like a nice car, yet I already find the Leaf Fugly!

RobOwen said:
Nevertheless, a 64 mile round trip should be very doable in a new model LEAF. Motorway speeds really hit the range however.

So my 64 mile journey in the Leaf got completed with 9 miles of range left, every warning light on the dashboard flashing along with the critically low battery warning. Considering this was achieved attaining 5 trees (represents very economical driving) I was extremely disappointed along with the fact that I also had to have the heating turned off for the return journey.

So I may have achieved an optimal eco rating of 5 trees, however I also achieved an optimal rating for Range Anxiety :shock:

All I can now say is bring on my PHEV :p

Think yourself lucky you've not gone for an i3, 6 months from order to delivery if you're lucky :eek:

Back