Iphone disconnecting from Bluetooth

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just turn off wifi while in the car. Should make it usable again.

A trip to the dealer probably won't do much, as this is an issue with iOS 8. My old iPhone 5 had the issue, my iPhone 6 has it, but my girlfriends iPhone 4 still works as normal.

Hope they get this sorted soon, as it is annoying when I forget to turn off wifi.

-KJ

jevel said:
Just turn off wifi while in the car. Should make it usable again.

A trip to the dealer probably won't do much, as this is an issue with iOS 8. My old iPhone 5 had the issue, my iPhone 6 has it, but my girlfriends iPhone 4 still works as normal.

Hope they get this sorted soon, as it is annoying when I forget to turn off wifi.

-KJ

My phone is a galaxy S4 android phone. It makes no difference if the wifi is on or off. The bluetooth still drops in & out.

Had mine now for a month and with a Galaxy S5 and the problem is sporadic, tried with the wifi off and it sometime works fine, but not always, the odd thing is that if I do not enable the bluetooth audio connection, its this connections that still connects then drops out, effecting the bluetooth headphone(Phone) connection, so to me it appears to be the car is trying to connect even when its not enabled, though saying that enabling the bluetooth audio does not solve the problem, the more I play with this I believe the issue is with the car software.

Be great to hear how Chrismac13 gets on with the dealer, hope they don't try blaming the phone as it appears it effects both android and IOS

I think the sporadic drop is a car issue. With iOS 8 and iPhone, it will drop every ten to fifteen seconds or so.

Clearly two different issues.

Still OK here when I remember to turn off WiFi. Tried all the advice found on the intrawebs; resetting the phone and deleting the paired list in the car, standing on my head, chanting and doing offerings to the voodoo gods, but no go as long as the WiFi is left on.

Bought a cheapo Nokia and stuck a secondary voice SIM in it, and just leave it in the middle console of the car. Life is too short to deal with shit like this.

-KJ

I must say, made a few calls recently and they have all been fine ever since the software update to the car that came with the latest mobile app.

All were dialled on the phone, not MMCS.
WiFi turned off.
Phone only switched to car audio when they pick up the other end, no ringing in the car audio...

iOS8.1.2
iPhone 6

All calls were only a minute or two long though, however no more of the random switching from handsfree to phone which it would do even when initiating calls, this time they all held onto handsfree from start to finish.

Had the Phev in to look at the bluetooth issue & unsurprisingly they could find nothing wrong. The technician gave some waffle about it being the phone software. One ray of light though is since I did the latest update the problem seems to have settled down, the bluetooth seems more stable & has only dropped out on a few occasions.
The technician did say this would be passed on to Mitsubishi. So there may be further updates in the future.

While it does not prove anything, I regularly use handsfree with a Samsung Galaxy running Android and have very few issues. This includes some very long calls that rarely fail.

I have used a Sony Xperia Z1, a Nokia Lumia 930, an iPhone 4 and now the Nokia Lumia 530 without more than sporadic drops. My old iPhone 5 with iOS 8 and my new iPhone 6 plus with iOS 8 both had the constant drop problem. Haven't tried it since the software upgrade came for the PHEV, though. Using the Lumia now.

But I'd say that it is pretty sure this is a problem either with the way the car communicates with devices running iOS 8 or iOS 8 itself. I've seen quite a few threads about other cars having trouble as well.

-KJ

Just a quick note to say that I have the same problem after upgrading from my iphone 5s to iphone 6. The 5s was working perfectly but the 6 will not stay connected via bluetooth and keeps swapping between connected & disconnected states - very frustrating. I hope an IOS update is brought out very soon.

Does it still do drop them if you turn off wi-fi?

My iPhone 6 seems a lot better since the update, and though when initiating calls from the phone you have to hover over "source" to make sure it goes to handsfree when they pick up (it invariably switched back to the phone just as they pick up), it then holds the call really well.

If you initiate the call from the MMCS or receive a call it holds it fine.

But only if you turn wifi off...

experienced this today on my gx3h with iphone 6. Seems to cope with bluetooth music audio witout any issue, but not so fortunate with phone. Even more annoying is that when i decide to give up on the handsfree of the car and use my own bluetooth headset it keeps trying to steal the connection. So it ends up flicking between the three.

I wonder if there is a software update that us without the app and mms can get to patch this...

Could anyone confirm that if you dial a number from your phone (nokia lumia 920) though it says call in progress for a moment on MMS the speech does not come out through the speaker in the car? If you use the phone book option it does work but it is amazingly difficult to find the number.

Yes, extremely irritating. I can't initiate phone calls from MMCS because the phone contacts is not transferred even though I have synched it with the car. I can sometimes manage to dial with voice control, but that is rare.

And when I dial from the phone, I have to manually switch back to handsfree system (car) even though it's already checked. I have an iphone 5.

The PHEV has the worst handsfree system I have ever seen installed on a car. Apart from the issue with bluetooth disconnecting it is not at all user friendly & seems to have been designed to be deliberately annoying. Does anyone know if it has a menu for missed calls/ incoming & outgoing calls or a redial list. It has a redial button which appears to be useless.

puckernutter said:
And when I dial from the phone, I have to manually switch back to handsfree system (car) even though it's already checked. I have an iphone 5.
This is an issue that was interoduced with iOS8. The internet is full of it. Not just Mitsus.

There is an iOS update that has just been released (8.1.3).

I've updated my phone and will test it tomorrow.

Tested today with new iOS version. Same situation:

- Incoming calls are fine
- Outgoing calls initiated via voice-dial are fine, although every now and then the handsfree system claims the phonebook is empty, where it is not
- Outgoing calls initiated from the phone itself are switched from handsfree system to phone speaker, as soon as the phone on the other end starts ringing. Must switch back to handsfree set. Just once per call.

Observation: when I initiate a call from the phone to retrieve my voicemail messages, the call is not switched from the handsfree set to the phone and works perfectly. I believe this is because the voicemail service picks up the call 'before it even rings'.

Back