Iphone disconnecting from Bluetooth

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anko said:
Various reports on the Dutch forum saying that iOS 8.2 offers a huge improvement when it comes to dialing out from your phone instead of from MMCS.

Updated just now. Will try for myself tomorrow.

used it today for a few calls with ios 8.2 no drops so far. And you hear the phone ring. Though sometimes it would work without dropping anyway so not conclusive yet. Fingers crossed.

For me (iPhone 6 plus) the update has made no difference. By far the worst aspect of this car is the MMCS. it just feels like a cheap, nasty after-market device from 5 years ago. The Bluetooth is actually potentially dangerous - I have to watch my phone to see when the other end pick up (no rings) and then manually switch the phone back to Bluetooth car audio. P.O.S.

Phone connected correctly today when dialling from phone after 8.2 upgrade.

Not keen on the apple watch app icon though :oops:

8.2 on iPhone 6 appears to have finally fixed things for me. I still have wifi off though, but now I hear the rings and it holds the call and no more mad dash source swapping when they answer...

I too have many niggles with iP6.

Bluetooth connects OK, but when making a call, there is no monitor on the display to show call in progress/Connecting, so no idea if it is progressing. Does not sound ring tone in the car, occasionally - if the call is picked up, I simply get a voice saying "hello" as they have silence.

To makes things even worse, if a conversation is underway, quite simply the radio will kick in and mute all voice connection which again adds confusion as person on other end does not know call has muted.

In last few days, while driving, I now have a regular Beeping and message saying iphone6 connected - This is repeated many times during a journey so effectively the radio is dropping the link and re-connecting.

My garage say this is all down to Apple, not Mitsubishi - but effectively for me the car is not fit for purpose

BeeJay said:
8.2 on iPhone 6 appears to have finally fixed things for me. I still have wifi off though, but now I hear the rings and it holds the call and no more mad dash source swapping when they answer...

Update for this - left wiFi on by accident yesterday then received a call - cue the same old mess of radio coming back on, source confusion on phone etc. Luckily I was parked waiting for someone. With Wi-Fi turned off all seems to work as expected.

I thought I had it sorted but the Bluetooth app does not work , the problem is the handfree bluetooth connection is unusable on most modern smartphones.
Its to do with the new bluetooth software Samsung are working on a rollback.
Ive have upgraded to Android lollipop still no joy..but what does work if slightly annoying, is turn the wireless connections off on the phone and the handsfree works as it should.
Still cant import contacts but put it down to the crap software on the head unit...

BeeJay said:
BeeJay said:

Update for this - left wiFi on by accident yesterday then received a call - cue the same old mess of radio coming back on, source confusion on phone etc. Luckily I was parked waiting for someone. With Wi-Fi turned off all seems to work as expected.

Indeed, I did same today, left wifi on - trying to make outgoing call from phone - utter confusion. Nightmare. Suddenly remember, turn wifi off - all is good...

Grrr...

Has been working a bit better recently, today though it was back and off repeatedly every ten seconds as before. However, when i used my bluetooth headset instead, it didnt seem to steel the connection like i used to and then drop it. So that is certainly an improvement.

Its really weird, because the blue tooth music streaming seems flawless.

gazter76 said:
Has been working a bit better recently, today though it was back and off repeatedly every ten seconds as before. However, when i used my bluetooth headset instead, it didnt seem to steel the connection like i used to and then drop it. So that is certainly an improvement.

Except for the fact that the track name/time info etc. doesn't update when bluetooth streaming?

PHEV has been back to mitsubishi again for the bluetooth issue. Phone still drops out & now will barely connect. Technician even tried 3 different android phones none would connect properly. Utterly sick now as this has been going for months.

todgefast said:
gazter76 said:

Except for the fact that the track name/time info etc. doesn't update when bluetooth streaming?

I don't have any problem with track updating. Though the information it displays is very very poor. A scrolling album artist track info would be nice. Not one or the other and the need to press the page button. Atrocious.

Let's see if the new 8.3 iOS update released last night improves the issue with dropouts. It specifically mentions the dropping out on hands free as a bug fix.

Mines been dropping out today iPhone fully updated, wifi off, car has latest software. Really annoying

Got my GX4 yesterday and iphone 6 disconnects from phone calls constantly.
Worked fine with my old Peugeot, wifes fiat etc etc.

Seriously underwhelmed with the MMCS which could be forgiven, but cocking up the basic hands free operation is awful.

Software engineer by trade and whoever wrote the interface for the MMCS and the iphone app should be shot.

The connection problem may be related to the maximum number of phones that can be paired. 10.

You need to go in and delete all the paired phones and start again. I had a similar problem and worked out what was happening.

gwatpe said:
The connection problem may be related to the maximum number of phones that can be paired. 10.

You need to go in and delete all the paired phones and start again. I had a similar problem and worked out what was happening.

Mine only has a single phone paired... so not the solution for me Im afraid.

Hi,

Do not want to wade into a IPhone discussion as I have android ( my son uses one though) but I will say that I have always had connection problems with my phone over Bluetooth hands free if I leave the wifi on but none if I don't (same with son with IPhone when he drives the Phev). But its not surprising really as they both have the same radio frequency ie Bluetooth and wifi, and there is a wifi built-in on some Phev models and the phone is often auto connecting to it and causing interference.

Regards Trex.

I was at the dealership, a few hours ago. The dealer asked me how it was possible that I didn't have any BT problems with WiFi turned on, where many others do. He had a document from Mitsu saying it was a particular issue with the iPhone 6 and I have a 5. So, that may be the reason. But our discussion brought up one question: is the issue caused solely by the fact that the iPhone 6 has Wifi enabled? Or is it caused by the fact that it has Wifi enabled AND is connected to the car? One of the workarounds suggested by Mitsu in the document was temporarily disabling the REMOTE module, suggesting the issue is caused by the actual connection to the RMEOTE network.

It may be worth while to use the Apple iPhone Configuration Utility to reconfigure the REMOTE Wifi connection on the phone to NOT automatically connect to the car and see if that improves anything.

isn't there a task automator on the iPhone similar to Tasker on Android? I have rules set up in Tasker on my phone which detect the car's Bluetooth connection and turn wifi off and 3g data on. Since the Bluetooth goes off when you power the car off, this does not impact on my ability to use the Outlander remote control application.

maby said:
isn't there a task automator on the iPhone similar to Tasker on Android? I have rules set up in Tasker on my phone which detect the car's Bluetooth connection and turn wifi off and 3g data on. Since the Bluetooth goes off when you power the car off, this does not impact on my ability to use the Outlander remote control application.
Wouldn't be possible on an iPhone: iOS does not allow an App to control WiFi. This is why you have to manually select the REMOTE WiFi connection on an iPhone in order to use the REMOTE App. That is, if you were already connected to some other WiFi network. Good thing: even when you configure the iPhone to not automatically connect to the REMOTE network, you can still manually connect to the REMOTE netwrok and use the REMOTE App.

Back