Iphone disconnecting from Bluetooth

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anko said:
maby said:
isn't there a task automator on the iPhone similar to Tasker on Android? I have rules set up in Tasker on my phone which detect the car's Bluetooth connection and turn wifi off and 3g data on. Since the Bluetooth goes off when you power the car off, this does not impact on my ability to use the Outlander remote control application.
Wouldn't be possible on an iPhone: iOS does not allow an App to control WiFi. This is why you have to manually select the REMOTE WiFi connection on an iPhone in order to use the REMOTE App. That is, if you were already connected to some other WiFi network. Good thing: even when you configure the iPhone to not automatically connect to the REMOTE network, you can still manually connect to the REMOTE netwrok and use the REMOTE App.

Hmmm, another to add to my list of reasons for not buying Apple!

anko said:
I was at the dealership, a few hours ago. The dealer asked me how it was possible that I didn't have any BT problems with WiFi turned on, where many others do. He had a document from Mitsu saying it was a particular issue with the iPhone 6 and I have a 5. So, that may be the reason. But our discussion brought up one question: is the issue caused solely by the fact that the iPhone 6 has Wifi enabled? Or is it caused by the fact that it has Wifi enabled AND is connected to the car? One of the workarounds suggested by Mitsu in the document was temporarily disabling the REMOTE module, suggesting the issue is caused by the actual connection to the RMEOTE network.

It may be worth while to use the Apple iPhone Configuration Utility to reconfigure the REMOTE Wifi connection on the phone to NOT automatically connect to the car and see if that improves anything.

Just tested switching WIFI off on the iphone and appears to be a work-around. A bit of a pain to have to remember to switch wifi off but better than nothing :)

I'll try leaving WIFI on but telling it to forget the phev internal wifi network.

My phone connects ( wifi off, latest software) it will ring ( with a generic ring tone ) then when I answer it plays my phones ring tone for a second then drops the call altogether. But if I ring them back it works fine !?!?

I have the new model of Outlander PHEV since 1st of March -16. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and my wife a Galaxy S7 Edge. At first both phones worked very fine with the car, but after four weeks we can´t receive or make calls. The thing that happens is that the bluetooth disconnects and connects every 2-3seconds making it impossible to talk/hear. It makes no difference if the WiFi is turned on or off. Has anybody else got this problem and solved it?

I picked up my PHEV last week and have the same problem with Bluetooth, it is not working with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
It flips between phone and handsfree over and over.
I have to use a wired headset as holding your phone while driving in Sweden is illegal.
Dealer blames my phone... :(

Turning off WiFi makes no difference.

Hey all, the method that works for both samsungs and iphones on my outlander 2016 model is not giving it access to the phonebook.
Remove device, pair it again, answer NO when it wants to access the phonebook.
Now it will not attempt syncing and the bluetooth connection for audio and voice stays connected.
Thanks to dutch mitsubishi dealer :)

Yoran said:
Hey all, the method that works for both samsungs and iphones on my outlander 2016 model is not giving it access to the phonebook.
Remove device, pair it again, answer NO when it wants to access the phonebook.
Now it will not attempt syncing and the bluetooth connection for audio and voice stays connected.
Thanks to dutch mitsubishi dealer :)
Since I moved from iPhone 5 to Galaxy S7 Edge a few weeks ago, I too have issues with an intermittently interrupting BT connection. Not during audio playback but during (some) phone calls. As soon as I have my car back from the dealer (it is in for 80.000 km service, as well as a drive battery revitalization) I will try this. BTW: it seems as if I can disable access to contacts for that one BT connection on the phone without repairing .... Will have to see.

Great tip, assuming it indeed works.

Bit of an old thread but I had this problem with a new iPhone. Spoke to the dealer and was told there was a software update for the mmc. Took the phev in and had it applied and now no more disconnect problems. Happy happy happy.

Titan said:
Bit of an old thread but I had this problem with a new iPhone. Spoke to the dealer and was told there was a software update for the mmc. Took the phev in and had it applied and now no more disconnect problems. Happy happy happy.

Any chance you can let us know the MMC software version number? (I assume it is accessible via the menus)

Would be interested if this is a perm fix, as it's going into the dealers for a service in the next month

I have an Android Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Android 6.0 1 software on it and I've always had a problem with the Bluetooth dropping calls even if I'm sitting somewhere to park it would go in and out disconnect reconnect disconnect reconnect

Barnfather said:
Titan said:

Any chance you can let us know the MMC software version number? (I assume it is accessible via the menus)

Would be interested if this is a perm fix, as it's going into the dealers for a service in the next month

Interesting to know which version you have.

MMCS version is visible from MMCS .. mine says Version "U" ... wondering how old this version can be.

After my 1st service ... my phone was not any more able to pair .. even if on both car and phone (android) it was visible the configuration ... I had to re-pair again .. and now it is looking stable .. (but I have a sporadic usage of it)

Back