New GX5H

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posh79 said:
Just picked up my GX5H...........it looks fantastic. I'll post pics on a dry day!
Tell us if it can display mpg when over 99.9 too please.
Kind regards,
Mark

I would like to see one with the dark interior
The red reminds me of a WAG's motor and as en ex Land Rover Driver have seen many a RRS with the same problem :lol:
I (like others) question the price hike given what you get extra ( the Yorkshireman in me!)
Also being an owner with dogs and kids... black is the only serviceable colour for an interior :roll:

Just ordered a GX5H in Black with Red Interior. The car looks great, i just hope it drives as good as i have not even test drove one yet! I have an RR Evoque at present which only does 24mpg! I am looking forward to not havng to visit the petrol stations so much.....Hope to have a delivery date bt the ned pf the week.

Here are some pics of my GX5. In the end very happy i didnt go for the red leather. The beige will be a bugger to keep clean though!!

https://instagram.com/p/0LXXblPyWm/
https://instagram.com/p/0LXcVlvyWx/
https://instagram.com/p/0LXVXuPyWi/
https://instagram.com/p/0LXZuePyWr/
https://instagram.com/p/0LXSt7vyWa/

p.s the miles per gallon still doesnt shoe above 99.9 - remember it is basically a GX4 with the leather ripped out and new seats put in.

Posh79 said:
The beige will be a bugger to keep clean though!!

Yup. I had beige leather last time I had an Outlander (C-Crosser), and jeans were the seat's worst enemy.
Never did manage to keep the driver's seat looking like it did upon delivery.

Incidently, how come it's on a 64 plate and not a 15? Thought you picked it up on 12th March?

yeah only picked it up last week. Ordered it towards the end of January and the salesman said it would be a 3 week wait for it. If he could register it in Jan then he offered to give me the charging cable for free. If i had known that it would actually be a 7 week wait then i wouldnt have agreed to that deal. Wasnt too happy with the wait and the lack of information they could give me whenever i called to chase them up.

Bummer. My wait went the other way - ordered in January for late April delivery (by request), moved it forward to mid April, then changed to ASAP. Car was on my driveway less than two weeks after I lost the will to wait and told the dealer (via a broker) that "I want it NOW!!". :D

The car was not actually registered when it left the dealer on trade plates en route to myself. Registration happened "during transit". Can't get much fresher than that!

:shock: :shock: far too light for my Zoo !!

Would never stay that colour :lol:

Looks better than red tho .. I am with you lcarrott of the fuel front... given my previous cars :roll:

Just been told by the dealer that Black and White GX5's are no longer available for the time being due to a shortage of bumpers and plastics in the Black colour!!!! They want me to order a Grey one. Will have to wait till end of next week to find how long i will have to wait for a black one...

lcarrott said:
Just been told by the dealer that Black and White GX5's are no longer available for the time being due to a shortage of bumpers and plastics in the Black colour!!!! They want me to order a Grey one. Will have to wait till end of next week to find how long i will have to wait for a black one...

BTW - my father, a long time Ford executive, told me that black is the most difficult colour to match correctly - one reason Ford's didn't offer it as a choice for many years.

I dont understand why they dont have the same colour selection as the rest of the petrol and diesel versions. THe royal blue colour looks great

greendwarf said:
lcarrott said:

BTW - my father, a long time Ford executive, told me that black is the most difficult colour to match correctly - one reason Ford's didn't offer it as a choice for many years.
Ironic, considering that Henry Ford's comment on car colour in the twenties was that "the customer can have any colour he wants, a long as it is black"...

lcarrott said:
Black PHEVs appear to have a soft paint problem (at least that is what some Forums suggest) and the underpaint is white. :(

FlyHigher - I take delivery of a GX5H in just over two weeks (hopefully) but I have been having reservations about whether the side steps make the vehicle too low (compared to GX4) for softroading - badly rutted and stony/rocky farm tracks to fields and rivers etc. I know you have not had yours long but any minor off-roading yet?

jaapv in a previous post said that height is lowered but vehicle still good for speed bumps but the height does look very low on the "official" GX5 pictures.

Too late to stop now anyway as Van Morrison would say

Ron

Still no word from the dealer on a date of delivery, not looking good on Black paint. On the Plus side, i am having my Charge Point installed tomorrow and managed to get it in before the scheme money runs out and have to pay for it.

I just ordered my GX5HS is pearl white with the grey interior. The car is on a ship which should arrive April 9th and then will need to be converted. They are saying May for delivery, but the conversions are taking 25 man hours each apparently. Black and blue you are no longer available to order.

Here is the grey interior. I couldn't find any pics anywhere of this, so asked the dealer to take a photo of one that had come in for another customer.

url]

Back