North West Group

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my new PHEV Gh4 today, company car driver so looking forward to the tax break.

2 trips to Manchester this week, tues and wed so bit concerned over MPG but at least I'll get to use regen

Chinley,
I'm in barrow, end of a 30mile culdesac.

I need to work out where the GMEV chargers are, any links available.

Birch services, M62 westbound. The right hand side charging post is allowing charging without having to validate with a card.

Hi everyone. I've just discovered that you all exist!!

I've had my GX4H for a month now and the first 1,000 miles has been good. After an E class, it's nice to get into with seats at a sensible height rather than having to struggle to get down into. To start with, I was disappointed that I only got 47mpg on a longish run, but then that compared with 35 in the Merc, so, what the heck? Overall, I've managed 69mpg and halved my fuel bill, even taking into account the up to a £1 a night for the electricity company. I've not discovered the delights of charging from a public point and I've still a month to wait for my home charger and the delight of overnight charging using an App. So the motor spends most of the daylight hours at home with its 5m cable stretched over my shoulder (as I type this) and the window half open!

In the old days, when we used to drive unusual vehicles, it was common to give a quick flick of the headlights in greeting a twin on the open road. I'll watch out for you!

Plugger said:
In the old days, when we used to drive unusual vehicles, it was common to give a quick flick of the headlights in greeting a twin on the open road. I'll watch out for you!
Too many of the things around me to make this viable. Even my plumber told me my car was common as muck these days

Titan said:
Plugger said:
Even my plumber told me my car was common as muck these days

On the road that I live, someone at the bottom of the hill was first with a White PHEV.
I was the 2nd, I went for Grey.
There is usually a Black one at the top of the road.
Earlier in the month I saw a different white one, and a blue one for quite a few days.

When we are out, my son used to shout out when he saw another PHEV, or a Leaf, but now there are so many, that only a Tesla gets any reaction now.

Hi I'm in Warrington and considering the Outlander GX4H as replacement company car, how much will a home charger cost? I've just checked and the grant is still available until Mar 2016. Are there any companies that are still signed up to the scheme? Was if any cost will need to be borne by my own pocket?

algynon

My dealer put me in touch with the supplier, Chargemaster. It cost £195, which I had to pay. They told me that BG had ceased to install the chargers. Apparently, the subsidy is about £700, but I cannot see how it merits a £900 installation charge, in total.

I had to wait 6 weeks for the installation. I've had my GX4H since July. I get about 80mpg, overall, and about £25 a month for electricity, which halves my previous fuel bills - but it depends on your mix of motoring. More motorways and longer distances equals less mpg. The best bit, however, is the benefit in kind which is worth a lot of money in saved tax at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Back