OMG just thought

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chindley

can't wait for the next fuel strike. :lol: I will drive past the Stanlow refinery flipping the bird. Not too many times of course as I will look stupid if I run out of Elec power. :mrgreen:

:lol:

I'm surprised nobody has suggested putting a small wind-turbine onto a trailer and towing it behind the car, cabled up to the charging socket.... I wonder how many watts you could get out of it driving at 70?

It fits in perfectly with my plan. I am going to rig Solar Panels for recharging. As I recharge mostly at night I will fit Arc Lights over them.

Tristar500 said:
Surely a solar panelled roof / sun roof is not out of the question in the future?!

I seem to remember reading that the best you could hope for in Britain is about 1kW per square metre - and that is in bright sun. I guess that the top of an Outlander is around 1 square metre - is it really worth the cost of the solar panel to average perhaps 2 kWh per day across the year? And, that does assume that you always park in the open - no more garages or car parks!

maby said:
Tristar500 said:
Surely a solar panelled roof / sun roof is not out of the question in the future?!

I seem to remember reading that the best you could hope for in Britain is about 1kW per square metre - and that is in bright sun. I guess that the top of an Outlander is around 1 square metre - is it really worth the cost of the solar panel to average perhaps 2 kWh per day across the year? And, that does assume that you always park in the open - no more garages or car parks!

Fair enough - I'll stick to shipping!

Back