OWNERS TOP THREE SUGGESTIONS FOR MITSUBISHI

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anko said:
So, the process would be:

- People post their top 3, one post each
- If somebody sees something in one of the posts that he doesn't understand or of which he thinks it is ambiguous, he can send the poster a PM asking them to clarify. Or open a separate thread on it
- If necessary, the poster can update his own contribution to this thread

That way? I can see that happen.

Okay, how about this as a suggestion: I can happily go through and create a consolidated list at some point when I have a bit of time (probably in the next couple of days). I can also delete all the discussions and requests for clarification if that clarification has already been provided, or if the posts in question add nothing to the thread (there's a whole load of posts discussing whether or not to discuss!). The consolidated list can reflect the clarification. If other 'top 3s' are added and clarification is needed - go ahead and ask, one of us mods can always delete the posts later.

Does this answer everyone's issues? If I get a clear consensus I'll go ahead but if not I'll back out because I've no desire to get embroiled in a debate about this.

1. Being able to prevent the engine from starting up for heating purposes (see http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10861#p10861). And preferably have that as the default setting, so the engine won't make an unnecessary cold start in the morning when the wife has forgotten to turn down the heater the evening before :mrgreen:

2. More power reserves made available for charging while towing a caravan (see http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=376)

3. Sticky buttons for ECO, LDW, AVAS, …. Or, for ECO, have it turned ON by default.

Okay, I've now posted the consolidated list at the start of this thread. Do we still need to delete the discussion posts? Don't want to offend anyone by removing what might be a valid point made. I will leave as is unless there is consensus on this. I'm happy to review the thread from time to time and add any new requests to the consolidated list. :cool:

Great job. Many thanks. If it was up to me, existing discussions could stay. New suggestions and discussions regarding them could be added as new posts in this same thread.

maddogsetc said:
Okay, I've now posted the consolidated list at the start of this thread. Do we still need to delete the discussion posts? Don't want to offend anyone by removing what might be a valid point made. I will leave as is unless there is consensus on this. I'm happy to review the thread from time to time and add any new requests to the consolidated list. :cool:

You can take out the posts relating to how I wanted to organise this topic - if everyone agrees. I deleted most of mine.

anko said:
Dear mods, (how) can I add a poll for this to thew forum? If new entries are added to polls later on, are earlier votes lost?

Any of the mods can create a poll (I think?!). If new entries are added, I believe they just start at '0' regardless of how many votes the other options have.

admin said:
anko said:
Dear mods, (how) can I add a poll for this to thew forum? If new entries are added to polls later on, are earlier votes lost?

Any of the mods can create a poll (I think?!). If new entries are added, I believe they just start at '0' regardless of how many votes the other options have.
Thanks. Maddogsetc has it covered :p

If I'm not too late, I have some suggestions which I believe could be implemented by a change in software/firmware.

My top 3 sugfestions would include an electric heater only mode and displaying 100+ mpg. However these are well covered already so my suggestions will all relate to the way central locking works.

1) to have the ability to unlock a door from inside the car by simply opening it. This has caught me out several times - driving through a rough neighbourhood, lock the doors from the drivers side button. Get to destination, get out of car ; wife tells me off for not unlocking the doors so that she can get out too from the passenger side.

2) I want to be able to press the central locking button on the keyfob when a door is open, and for it to activate once the door is closed. Very useful when you want to carry your child (or shopping etc) out of the car - so you dont have to try and press the button/ put the key away when hands are full.

3) It would be nice to be able to have the option for the doors to lock automatically once the car has driven (say) 100m. I'd only have this option on of I could sort (1) too though!

(If I've got this wrong - and these are already features I can change please please tell me how!!!)

My top 3 would be really simple things two of them would cost next to nothing ;

Have all the windows work with one touch, so go all the way down or up without keeping your finger on it, every morning I put my windows down to clear the rain before I pull out then put them up as I pull away.

More lights in the cabin, in most cars of this price all the windows buttons and mirror buttons, door locks and a light in them so you can see the buttons at night, in the outlander its all dark, save for a tiny light in the drivers window button (you have to look really hard for it)

Anti dazzle mirror, never knew how much I used them until I didn't have one, they come standard on most cars now.

maddogsetc said:
Agree with all 6 of those - I will add them to the list on P1 later.
MMCS has a setting 'when power turned off, unlock all doors'. I have this enabled which should cover @overtyred point 1? But it's a part fix, also agree all points. Moderator feel free to delete this post.

I would like.

Blind spot indicators on the wing mirrors

LDW to vibrate the steering wheel rather the make a noise, works will on fords

When holding down the lock button on the key fob any open windows close

When a call comes in indicate the caller/number on the main driver display MID as well as on the MMC

The buttons on the driver door to light up so I can see which ones to press in the dar

On a different SUV when opening the boot if you press the close button on the boot itself it stops and remembers the height reached and then sets this as the new opening height limit. Great if you often need to open the boot in a restricted height area

I hate the Mobile phone integration and the limited voice control. I still cannot gat the mobile phone directory to import and I have had the car 3 days and have done the MMC update already)

I am sure I will have more points as I get used to the car but in general I really like it.

Bilbo59

spot on I agree with all you points some are frustrating and need fixing.

anko said:

Yes, a poll can be created - send me a PM and I can create one at the top of this thread.

Send me a list of the options you want to have on the poll please.

As far as I know, adding entries will not delete earlier votes.

Mike

Yes for me number one is an EV only mode. I can see no reason why pressing ECO when there is enough battery shouldn't restrict the ICE from kicking in, even if the accelerator is floored.
All other requests would be very minor in comparison

I would like more user preferences remembered by the car. Many forum members have mentioned a checklist they follow when powering ON. Surely a user setting could be remembered. This has to be a during driving function. This will be useless if the car has to be in park with the handbrake ON to allow memory storage access. I can offer a mod that can convert any button from the dumb factory default setting to a user preferred memory setting, but feel Mitsubishi should be proactive and offer a stored memory option of a user preference of all buttons you can press and change while driving.

User preferred startup in SAVE or CHARGE mode would be covered in above.

Updates to the GPS maps and revamp of the MMCS in general.

Back