Pre-heat setting off the alarm

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never had the alarm go off... but not convinced the heater actually does come on!

What I dont quite get is that you can setup times, but not the temperate you want. So I assume if timed heating does come on it will just be a full blast? Or will it be at the last temperature set on heating controls? What if you had heating switched off the last time you drove.

I wish MMC would replace the current iphone app!

From experience I'd say that when pre heating it comes on full no matter what temp was last used including if previously turned off.

I use 20 minutes of pre-heat per day, including recently when the ambiant temp was -2 and alarm has not came on. Preheating is certainly working in my case, no more freezing car.

I was starting to wonder if my alarm was faulty but it came on when I was changing the car wheels and dropped the jack quicker than normal so I know it works!

Mine has just started doing this since it's last service.

Did anyone with a similar problem get it resolved and if so how?

Thanks.

My preheat has been fine using the demist option, but has set the alarm off using the whole heat option if that's any help

I haven't been on here for ages, but thought I'd take a look to see if anyone had this problem. My alarm is also going off occasionally during preheat.

I've never had this problem, but the interior alarm (and motion alarm) can be disabled on leaving the car, as follows - after turning the car OFF, lift the wiper stalk to the upper (manual wipe) position for about 3-5 seconds until you hear a double-beep to acknowledge. This is also useful when on a car ferry.
This state will persist until the car is next unlocked.

Key fob sequence is as follows:
1 press - locks doors, and turns on ALL enabled alarms.
2 presses - as above, but in addition, deadlocks the car, ie the interior door-releases 'freewheel'.

Back